• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Budweiser accused of watering down their beer

D

Deleted member 8987

At least they used water.
Unlike Labatt's and Molson's, which tastes like they use something far less benign.

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
How could anyone tell? With all the good beer out there why would anyone drink this rice and corn based swill in the first place? There used to be a place in DC called the Brickskeller. They had between 800 and 1000 different beers available. I saw, several different times in fact, someone come into the bar and order a bud.... Made folks that heard or saw it just speechless.

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
As a beer lover and a beer brewer: Beer contains barley, water, and hops. Beverages containing anything else are not beer. (OK sometimes wheat is allowed as a substitute for barley). Making beer with rice or corn is just wrong.

Up until the early 1990's it was illegal in Germany to label a beverage as beer if contained anything else besides barley, water, and hops.

Well at least I know now how my BIL can drink like a fish...

m

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
You sure they aren't getting sued for putting traces of beer in thier bottled water?
I recently thought I'd give them another chance, and purchased the "project 12" pack. A series of new brews by thier master brewers to see what folks decided. I decided Budweiser finally figured out how to make more than one poor flavor of sudsy yellow water.
Back to Sam Adams.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Would that mean it's a " fab"? I know about a cab.

Keith, would you photoshop your healey to red so I can plagiarize it? Love that emoticon.

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Would that mean it's a " fab"? I know about a cab.

Keith, would you photoshop your healey to red so I can plagiarize it? Love that emoticon.

Judy,
You have PM. By the way, love the video of you getting the award in your 100M.
Keith

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Thank you Keith. Sure didn't expect that win, didn't even have time to practice my royal wave. As an aside Mr. Coker signed the dashboard of Agatha later and I cried thru the signing. Husband was wishing that no one knew he was related to me and I had sunken to the typical 'girl' thing. It was a most memorable event. P.S. I replied to your PM. Don't you like all those anachronisms (sp?)?

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
How could anyone tell? With all the good beer out there why would anyone drink this rice and corn based swill in the first place? There used to be a place in DC called the Brickskeller. They had between 800 and 1000 different beers available. I saw, several different times in fact, someone come into the bar and order a bud.... Made folks that heard or saw it just speechless.

It could be worse, they could have asked for a bud lite.....

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I thought it was still there. Just owned by a different part

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
CAB ~is~ swill, by its definition!

I wuz wonderin' why the stuff tasted different fer a while there. :smirk:

Just got thru the last of th' New Glarus Spotted Cow supply, th' Sprecher Oktoberfest lager got "commandeer'd" by 'smits before I got to it... waaah.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I thought Budweiser was widely known for being watered down. That would be like suing Oscar Meyer for not using only the choicest cuts of beef. Me personally I like a nice dark stout, the Old Rasputin is a good example.

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Interestingly, Budweiser in Europe is very different. (I'm not getting confused by the Czech Budweiser, which is a different brewer.) Same can, but a more or less marginally reasonable product. That leaves us with the conclusion that the American incarnation is specifically designed for American tastes. A scary thought, indeed.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Interestingly, Budweiser in Europe is very different. (I'm not getting confused by the Czech Budweiser, which is a different brewer.) Same can, but a more or less marginally reasonable product. That leaves us with the conclusion that the American incarnation is specifically designed for American tastes. A scary thought, indeed.

Tis indeed. Canadian Bud & Coors & McDonalds burgers all taste different here, and the opposite is true with Candian beer there. BTW on TV last nite, comedian asked, "how can you water down water?"

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
CAB ~is~ swill, by its definition!

I wuz wonderin' why the stuff tasted different fer a while there. :smirk:

Just got thru the last of th' New Glarus Spotted Cow supply, th' Sprecher Oktoberfest lager got "commandeer'd" by 'smits before I got to it... waaah.

Glad to see your appreciation for the Wisconsin microbrews. Did the Sprecher brewery tour, it's an impressive operation. Small, but well organized. They do a range of sodas, as well made in the same facility.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Glad to see you drink udder beers doc.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It's a shame Billy Beer went out! I wonder why? :cheers: :highly_amused: PJ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
It's a shame Billy Beer went out! I wonder why? :cheers: :highly_amused: PJ

I still have a six-pack of that stuff around here somewhere. I believe its inna shed. And a can or two of Old Frothingslosh. :smirk: