• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Interesting Propostition

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I had a guy in Michigan who wants to fly out here,buy a car,
& drive back with his Son.The guy has Cortinas,Fiesta & Capris,so he's an
enthusiast.He also did well in his GT4 Fiesta a few years back at the SCCA-
Runoffs.
There's also an Anglia estate for sale in the SF Bay area.I
know the seller,& have seen the car,which is really nice.The guy in Michigan-
(Bill),threw an idea at me,about buying the Anglia,& working out a trade/deal
with our Cortina estate.
I'd love to have the Anglia,but am also excited about the Cortina.
Any suggestions?

- Doug

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/3617412509.html

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
This would replace the Cortina,if I made a deal.I planned on keeping the Cortina,& selling other cars,but I'veseen the Anglia,& it's been in the back of mind if it ever came upfor sale.I couldn't/wouldn't pay his asking price at the present time. By the way,the Cortina Deluxe is for sale on the local craigs-list,not to be replaced by another vehicle,& I'm hoping to strip outone of the Datsun B210 parts cars too. - Doug

G

This would replace the Cortina,if I made a deal.I planned on keeping the Cortina,& selling other cars,but I'veseen the Anglia,& it's been in the back of mind if it ever came upfor sale.I couldn't/wouldn't pay his asking price at the present time. By the way,the Cortina Deluxe is for sale on the local craigs-list,not to be replaced by another vehicle,& I'm hoping to strip outone of the Datsun B210 parts cars too. - Doug

~AND~......cut the back part of the roof off and replace the Dakota too. :thumbsup:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
That Anglia is pretty cool. Really up to you -- ask yourself what your end game looks like. If you had all the vehicles sorted out and had just the ones you wanted, what would that little fleet look like? Use that as your guide.

G

ask yourself what your end game looks like. If you had all the vehicles sorted out and had just the ones you wanted, what would that little fleet look like? Use that as your guide.

Seriously????

Uhhhh, Drew, he aint gonna stop thinkin' about buyin' stuff till he's dead and even that isn't out of the question.:laugh:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Uhhhh, Drew, he aint gonna stop thinkin' about buyin' stuff till he's dead and even that isn't out of the question.:laugh:

Doesn't mean I can't try. :grin:

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I asked for simple advice and got this mess - WHY?
The TR6 will probably be gone soon.
All I asked about was possibly replacing one car with
another - NOT adding additional cars.
As for the Dakota,I've got the '95 4WD,which is the
tow/fire dept/daily driver/utility vehicle.
The Anglia is a car that I've wanted (but wasn't -
for sale) for years.I was approched about a possible deal,
which sounded inviting,but wanted to take time to think
about,before acting on.
So Billy,please don't act so quickly when responding,
when I ask these questions.

- Doug

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
So Doug, here is how I might approach it. (I had a 64 anglia estate loong ago) The Cortina estate looks like a pretty cool car, and in decent shape. (I may have missed some inbetween threads...) What shape is the anglia in? I would bet it is harder to find body parts for the A. Mechanical stuff would be about even. Is the cortina front disc or drum? Good brakes make a more practical driver. You already have an anglia sedan...And a cortina....****, it might be a tough call. Which one do you like better? If it were me, I might keep the cortina wagon. The temptation to make a "Lotus Cortina" service vehicle "replica" (even if there was no original....)would tip the balance for me. White, with green flash, a set of 4 spoke american mags, and a pushrod ford on webers... Good thing that there are no cortina, or anglia wagons w/ in many miles from me.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The decision was made for me - the Anglia sold yesterday,to a guy that just missed out from buying it 15 years ago.a relief,in a way.Itdoesn't surprise me that it sold so quickly. I was thinking that even if I'd been offered to trade straight-accross,I would have to take some time to make a decision. - Doug

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sometimes it is a relief when the decision is made by someone else. Now back to your regularly scheduled program...