• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

WOOHOO!! Santa came early!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...and he was cleverly disguised as the FedEx guy!

Last weekend a friend and fellow CarMungler (tm) came over with a set of Weber 45 DCOE's so we could put 'em on my 1750 Alfa as a "test mule" to set 'em up for one of his clients up in the northeast. Did all that mundane stuff, got 'em sorted and swapped my mule back to its originals. THEN we proceeded to quaff some CABs and sit in the open garage BS'n. He concluded my small beer locker was not adequate to the task and gave me a ration o' stuff about my needing a higher capacity fridge. I had to defend my li'l beerbox, I've kinda grown an attachment to it!

Anyway, the FedEx truck appears in front of th' hovel this AM about 1030, poor guy wrestles a LARGE cardboard box out and carries it to the door. Addressed to Doc, with my addy... hmmm.... (curiously was on th' phone at the time, yakkin' with a pal about photo stuff) wonder'd aloud if I should don th' bomb suit before I opened that box... :smirk:

It's a glass and stainless mini-fridge!!! My CarMungler (tm) pal had it shipped to me! Now I'll have to find a spot for th' MG mini-fridge someplace.
beerbox-1.jpg

And have to set up a photo of th' shiny-NEW beer cooler. :encouragement: :excitement:

Last edited:
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Here's th' new one:

fridged.jpg

Last edited:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
One can never have too many cubby holes! :applause:

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And the Morgan +8 Mitsy gave me is in that shot too! ;)

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Glass door????
Just a bad reminder when it is empty!!!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Doc, that's the best use for an MG short block I have ever seen.

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Whaddayaknow, Entropy has his own action fig'gure now. just in time fer Christmas too! :thumbsup:

Each Dr. Entropy Car Mungler (tm) Action Figure comes complete with:

CAB action grip
Aviator specs
survival kit complete w/machete
concealed AND open carried side-arms
SU AND Webber carb tune kits
and...

Hovel diorama, sport cars and additional weapons of opportunity sold separately....:jester:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Glass door????
Just a bad reminder when it is empty!!!
Or a reminder of just how "C" your "CAB" really is... :jester:

Still, very nice fridge there, Doc. And more importantly, a very nice friend you've got there.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Or a reminder of just how "C" your "CAB" really is... :jester:

At least we ain't down to bread n' water just yet! ...'sides, I gotta get me protein somehow. ;)

Still, very nice fridge there, Doc. And more importantly, a very nice friend you've got there.

You are ever so correct, Drew.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Each Dr. Entropy Car Mungler (tm) Action Figure comes complete with:

CAB action grip
Aviator specs
survival kit complete w/machete
concealed AND open carried side-arms
SU AND Webber carb tune kits
and...

Hovel diorama, sport cars and additional weapons of opportunity sold separately....:jester:

Got a good chuckle outta that, Steve.

Ya forgot to mention th' "basic" figure comes only with th' chili-pepper boxers n' flip-flops tho. :devilgrin:

Hawaiian shirts, boonie hat an' Carhartt camo pants also sold separately.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Great gift doc... there's just one thing you need to move to the new fridge...
View attachment 24742

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Contemplatin' it, Elliot. Seriously.

Had thought about a full face image of a pile of Weber and SU parts, kinda like the garage door covers with a garage full of Ferraris an' suchlike.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I agree... anything to hide the CAB :encouragement:

G

Glass door makes it a boutique joint.

Ya do realize now you gotta keep all top notch micro brewery stuff on hand :thirsty:

P.S, I like NeW Castle or just about anything stout. :wink:

Last edited:

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
tsk tsk tsk Doc only 4 no name brand, I am so disappointed . Can you not put the other one on top of this one or do you not want to crane your neck to see the tv

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Will!! The "real" MG 'fridge is gonna live on, buried in the back of the garage... with th' "special" offerings in a secure setting! :thumbsup:

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
That's good I was gettin worried there for a moment.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
feh. Ya know better, Will.

The ~reserve~ stuff now has a HOME!!!! :devilgrin: