• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Collateral damage

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My sister just called (she lives on the North Shore of Long Island, NY). She said there was a knock on the door; she opened it to find a policeman who tells her the building must be evacuated. Seems there was a car on fire in the underground parking garage that was damaged from the storm. Initial reports are that someone was trying to siphon gas from some of the abandoned cars and started the fire.... It never ends.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Frustrating. People have no idea what they're DOING up there. Chaos and despair seem to rule.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sadly, you are Right doc.

G

DrEntropy said:
Frustrating. People have no idea what they're DOING up there. Chaos and despair seem to rule.

Things got Thunderdomish down here too.

Hey Doc, I hate to bring this up but PTSD is PTSD. When you walk outta your hovel and EVERY you've eber known has been FUBAR'd, it'll scrammble yer nuggit!

Amazin' how things like this can change a man. Learn'd lots about my'self durring and afterwards. Found a switch in there I didn't know exsisted.

Glad to have it...HATE to use it.

Same switch that kept ol' boy in that basement, just a different use. Once flipped, failure isn't an option.

Like I said, lotta folks here got'ta twitchin', and all them good folks too.
Things like this can get the best of us.

Some city folks don't have the knowledge, but what they gonna do? They aint ever had'ta before. I'd have me a learni' curve if'fun I had to live up thar m'self. Aint farmilair with that big citi dwellin'. :wink:

Prob'ly some ol' boy syphoning gas by candle light...prob'y aint ever had ta before neither...

Yeah, I know, common sense, but folks aint think right at th' moment. Somethin' tells me you might'a been in a situation where bad things clouded judgement.

I just hope no one was hurt.

Wish I could go but not liable to come back till it's all dun.

Too close to home and home needs tend'n. Best I do what I can from here. Needless to say, I understand where these folks are commmin from....and it aint purdy.