• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Stuff THIS in yer pipe...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
an' SMOKE it!

WOOF!

BaxvbQE&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

May wanna turn up th' sound as well. :wink:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
We must hang out on some of the same internet holes! I swear I was going to post that myself earlier!

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
neener-neener!!! :jester:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Little early in the morn for the music (for me), but otherwise - HUGE Wow! factor!

~~Last song's great!~~

G

I can't understand a word they're saying. :confuse:

Other than the fact I get motion sickness and I'm not in the Air Force; that's the number one reason I'm not a fighter pilot.
grin.gif

Well...that and the fact that the plane is smarter than me... :whistle:

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
They're speakin' jet driver shorthand, Billy. While doin' three axis navigation... they give new meaning to th' term "multitasking". :laugh:

I could ~almost~ feel the G-loads. Apparently the Major stitched that footage together, they didn't have a combat camera guy involved. It was all done with cameras like the one Nial uses to record his racing exploits. From a production viewpoint it was a bit amateurish but HOLY COW, they have GREAT air-to-air sequences! There is (or, was) a B-model airframe but I never got that ride. Only gig close was as back-seat baggage in F-4's on occasion.

I miss it.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have always thought the line in the song was "born with a six-gun in my hand" not a shotgun. Awesome video.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh mama.... what a ride.
Wonder what the VNE is?

G

waltesefalcon said:
I have always thought the line in the song was "born with a six-gun in my hand" not a shotgun.

That is correct, it's a remake no doubt by a country boy.

Doc, I can't understand any of it. It all sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
waltesefalcon said:
I have always thought the line in the song was "born with a six-gun in my hand" not a shotgun. Awesome video.

Noticed it to.
Kind of grind ed in the ears when I heard that

G

DNK said:
waltesefalcon said:

Noticed it to.
Kind of grind ed in the ears when I heard that

Would you feel any better if it was changed to paint or glue gun? :jester:

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
I think VNE is Velocity Never Exceed, or the max permissable air speed.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Jesse-
Yes you are correct... I was just wondering what the <span style="font-style: italic">actual</span> speed was never to exceed in that jet.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Worlds greatest sandbox! That just looked fun.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Gliderman8 said:
Jesse-
Yes you are correct... I was just wondering what the <span style="font-style: italic">actual</span> speed was never to exceed in that jet.

Likely some classified limit, it's listed as a Mach 2 Class bird tho, somewhere north of 1,800 MPH. With 2,3450 PSI per mill and 32K weight, "ballistic" is kinda a moot term, too. :wink:

...wouldn't stun me to learn they've had it to Mach 3 (or knocked at the door) at altitude, either.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">WHEEE!!!!</span></span></span>

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Doc
Change your comma- the thrust is 17,000 to 25,000 (23,450) pounds PER ENGINE! And with 32K weight and 50K thrust.......
(sorry)
BillM

swift6

Yoda
One of the execs at my company has a scaled rudder with squadron markings hanging on the wall of his office. I took one look at it and asked him how long he had been an Eagle driver. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me in a whole new light. We talked planes and about his time in the Air Force (retired Colonel) for over an hour. When he showed me another photo and I said "sweet you flew Warthogs too!" He was smiles from ear to ear. Evidently know one else in the company knew enough, or had the guts to say something to him. He now swings by my office occasionally and my coworkers are dumbfounded as to why a senior vice president in our company will chill in my office for 15-20 minutes just chatting every once in a while. I'll have to send him a link to that video. I'm sure he'll love it.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Billm said:
Doc
Change your comma- the thrust is 17,000 to 25,000 (23,450) pounds PER ENGINE! And with 32K weight and 50K thrust.......
(sorry)
BillM

Oops! :crazy: