• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

When your team really sucks...

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
So... Our home football team (Calgary Stampeders) are having an awful year, frankly we suck! There isn't much of an upside right now, as I watch them lose a game 34-8 right now... *sigh*

And every other team in town can't seem to win these days either, makes it hard to be a hometown fan lately... :frown:

Just had to get this out, not in a good mood right now :rolleyes:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Come to Toronto. We have lots of experience with loosing teams. You'll fit right in.

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I know someone has to win, you just really hope that it's your team most of the time...

RomanH

Jedi Knight
That is a great tune and I love Steve Goodman. I am happy to say that I got to see him perform at the old Chicago Fest music festival just a short time before his untimely passing.
This is one of my favorites.
Lincoln Park Pirates

This is a song about a real towing company in Chicago.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
My team, Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) were relegated from the Premier League last season. At least American (and Canadian) teams don't have to contend with that....

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Steve said:
My team, Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) were relegated from the Premier League last season. At least American (and Canadian) teams don't have to contend with that....

So true Steve...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Y'all should try being a Red Sox fan....

m

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Guys, this hurts. I played in the Leafs farm system in the 70's and we were considered the elite organization. Now we are bottom of the barrel. Forgive me if I feel down just now!
But then, nothing a couple of cabs won't cure

:thirsty:

Dave

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
SilentUnicorn said:
Y'all should try being a Red Sox fan....

m

We won a world series and broke the curse of the Bambino. After that I figure that I'm happy for the rest of my life regardless of what happens. :smile:

Now if the Cubbies could pick up a World Series I'd consider the baseball aspect of my life complete.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
When Arroyo was in the series, Horsemits made him a cap... red socks as ears hanging from the sides, as a spin on the 'underdogs' comments. He had his photo taken wearing it, signed the pic and returned the hat autographed. Funny stuff!