• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lookin' for Lanterns

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Just bought a house here recently and finally got around to figuring out why the front porch light doesn't work. The dpo had broken the old glass shade for the fixture and replaced it with a different shade that is too small at the bottom to let the bulb screw in far enough to work. So I was thinking, instead of replacing the whole fixture, I could find a way to mount an old railroad lantern in place of the shade. So if any of you guys happen to have or know of an old railroad switch lantern etc, I would love to be pointed in the right direction.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
close, but can't help ya. I make wooden candle lanterns. They could be retrofitted for a light fixture, but still nowhere near a railroad lantern.
That'll look neat. post a pic when you get it done.