• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Those Preachers!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
In a large church, the preacher developed quite a reputation for his sermons; so much so that he had gathered quite a crowd every Sunday to hear him.

Unfortunately, one weekend a member had to be out of town on business, but he didn't want to miss the preacher's sermon. So he decided to hire someone to sit in the congregation and tape the sermon so he could listen to it when he returned.

Other congregants saw what was going on and they also decided to hire people to tape the sermon so they could play golf instead of going to church.

Within a few weeks time there were 500 contracted "members" sitting in church, taping the preacher. Soon the preacher got wise to this.

The following Sunday he, too, hired someone who brought a tape recorder to play his prerecorded sermon to the 500 "members" in the congregation, who dutifully recorded his words on their machines.

Witnesses said this marked the first incidence in history of artificial insermonation.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Salvation by proxy.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
A priest with a parrot, a nun with a monkey and a Rabbi with a rubber chicken, walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Click to reveal.. <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show me!" onclick="toggle_spoiler(this, 'Yikes, my eyes!', 'Show me!')" />]<div style="display: none;">Is this a joke?[/QUOTE]</div>