• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Belated Funeral

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
On Sunday August the 9th I was honored to take place in the reburial of a Confederate soldier. The man "John May Hamilton" had been killed 145 years ago. After almost 20 years of searching his descendants finally located his body, had the remains exhumed and returned to his family cemetery for burial. I was very honored to be able to perform chaplain duties at his reburial. The heat that day was in the upper 90's and we marched about 3/4 of a mile to the cemetery in our wool reenactor uniforms. I don't know when I have been more dehydrated but I made it even though some of our younger members had to drop out.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Well done, John!

kyreb1862 said:
I made it even though some of our younger members had to drop out.

More evidence that gettin' older ain't for wimps.

V

vagt6

That's good work, John, Cheers to you. :thumbsup:

It's sad to know that countless thousands of Civil War fallen were unceremoniously buried in the Virginia battlefields, their bodies shoved into mass graves. Here in central VA you can't throw a rock without hitting a battlefield that's probably full of graves, especially around Richmond.

It's nice when they get a proper burial, even if it's 150 years late.

It's the right thing to do.:yesnod:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
What a great feeling that must have been, to have been a part of such an event. It must have been a wonderful day for his relatives now knowing where he is and that he is now resting with his family close by.