• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

a tad optimistic

Country flag
I've been thinking about selling my Midget on eBay (once I get a motor back in it). And when I do ... I may just "fish for a fool". No harm as long as the listing is an honest representation.

Thats a very well done car with alot of high end stuff on it, whoever restored this car took the high road everytime. Who knows if it will bring $15K, probably not, one thing is for sure though, you probably couldn't restore it yourself with that level of parts used on this car and be under the $15K, if someone ends up getting this car for say $10K or less compared to restoring they have saved money.

I tell you guys the same thing I told the MGB guys, as long as you think your cars are worth nothing, they will be.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'm not normally a fan of the padded dashes, but this one in tan with the black top looks really nice.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Nice car, but man at $15K there are lots of nice cars.

You could get a decent MGA, an excellent MGB, a TR3 and these days (if you were brave enough), even a running Ferrari 308.

One Question: I had a narrow roll bar like this in my '67 almost 40 years ago (I think it was an Autopower.....and mine wasn't chrome).
The one in this red car looks like it's put in backwards!
I don't think the halo bar is supposed to "lean forward" like that.

d2b0_12.JPG

BugEyeBear

Jedi Trainee
DOES look Nice! :thumbsup:

Considering the location, he might get a taker on the BuyItNow as there are a lot of rusted-hulks in that region. Maybe someone will appreciate the solid sheetmetal & $$ spent....

I'm ALWAYS supportive of Spridgets selling for more $$, as it makes me think of my collection as more of an investment. (As opposed to being the "money-pit" that it often is....)

I do agree that the roll bar LOOKS backwards. MAYBE this is to fit under the soft top better?? Either way, it LOOKS strange.)

Hope he gets good money for it. Maybe he can spend some of the proceeds on a spell-check program.... (Just where exactly is "Toronot" anyway?!?) :devilgrin:

-Bear_ :cheers:

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
BugEyeBear said:
Just where exactly is "Toronot" anyway?!? :devilgrin:

-Bear_ :cheers:

Just keep going north until a certain part of your anatomy freezes off but everyone is polite about it - it's about 50 mi. (ahem - 80 km) north of that :lol: