• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Southern British Car Club Show in Chattanooga

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Re: Chattanooga Southern British Car Club Show

Anyone going? Looks like the weather will be perfect - high in the upper 60's.

Rik

Jedi Hopeful

Tony Barnhill is going up Friday and so is a group from the Florence Al club. Myself and whoever else shows up early Saturday morning will be coming from Huntsville al.
Rik
1979 MG Midget

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
We've Got a Convoy

We're meeting in various places all across north Alabama tomorrow enroute to the car show at the Chattanooga Choo Choo (https://www.southernbritishcarclub.org/carshow.html)...all back roads - no interstates allowed & we're only getting on 4-lane divided roads to make a pick-up point then back to curvey backroads...don't know yet how many cars but its starting over near the Mississippi/ Alabama border & has at least 3 stops across the state...so far I know of an MGTF, MGA, several MGB's, at least 1 Jaguar & a few Austin Healeys.

Another convoy is heading out Saturday morning from Madison & Huntsville, Alabama....there's at least 1 Midget, a couple of XKE's, and various other cars....

Looks like its gonna be one heck of a "last show of the season"!

See you guys there!

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Re: We've Got a Convoy

:cryin: Drats, I wished I was on your route. Enjoy!!!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Yep - hooking up into a convoy in Scottsboro Friday morning....it's starting over near the AL/MS border in Florence...its also making a stop in Huntsville to pick up some cars before we hook up with it in Scottsboro...

You coming, Mick?

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight

Lynda and i are heading that way friday morning. TomTom says its 6 to 7 hours for us. We just got back from a vacation in Lynda's iris blue 63 mgb. 2200 miles in just over a week! We'll be pansies this time and trailer out. Hope to see some of y'all there. bob.... Black 67 MGB / red top

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

GREAT, Bob!! I've been wanting to see that Iris Blue car....

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

tony barnhill said:
Yep - hooking up into a convoy in Scottsboro Friday morning....it's starting over near the AL/MS border in Florence...its also making a stop in Huntsville to pick up some cars before we hook up with it in Scottsboro...

You coming, Mick?

Planning on it, but will most likely drive down Saturday morning. Means leaving here around 4:30!

V

vagt6

I just <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">love</span></span> LBC convoys!!

Sounds like tons o' fun, Tony. Enjoy and post some pics next week.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

We'll have one coming in from Nashville tomorrow morning. TF, TR3, TR4, my TR8 and a couple others. Quick trip, though.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Tony, you have too many, which one are you takeing?

bugimike

Yoda

Well, I hope to at least see some pix posted of the convoy, good buddies!! 10-4?
grin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

We had a great trip - 10 cars in all...I was lucky enough to be behind the TF as he struggled to maintain 20mph climbing up Lookout Mountain!! Stopped for a great lunch up on top & arrived at the show hotel mid-afternoon...had a great dinner hosted by the local club tonight followed by valve cover racing....show tomorrow morning!!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
SHOW RESULTS

Just got home from a great show - lots of cars, lots of people moving around.

Mickey Richaud (TN) took 1st Place in TR-7/TR-8's!! Congrats, Mickey!

Rik Holeman (AL) took 2nd Place is Square Body Spridgets! Yep, they lumped all the AH/MG Spridgets - chrome & rubber bumper - in the same class & Rik beat all of 'em except 1. Congrats, Rik!

Bob White (NC) took 1st Place in early MGB's. Congrats, Bob!

They classed the Jaguars in only 2 classes: 2-door cars (an XK140, an XKE, 2 XJS's) & 4-door cars (a '62 MkI, 3 XJ6's, an X300 Ford/Jaguar). I took 2nd Place after the MkI!! Not too shabby.

Don't know if there were other winners from among the BCF-er's...if so, let us know.

Think that might be it this season for the show circuit around here.

Good job kudo's to the Chattanooga club for putting together a nice get-together!!

gilmgbgt

Freshman Member
Re: SHOW RESULTS

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for coming Tony. It was a blast as usual. You should have stayed for the boat ride.
What a wonderful bunch from Alabama that came. Thank them all for their participation.
Gil

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Hey, Gil - let me add my thanks to your group. My occupational hazards keep me from doing much of the fun stuff, but I did enjoy the drive down and back, as well as the show. Hope to make it back next year, as well.

Mickey

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight

Gil, EXCELLENT show. I wish we had time to do the whole event. I will talk up the event at our next club meeting and see if we can get more metorlina mg club members to attend next year. Many thanks, Bob and Lynda White, Black 67 MGB