• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tail of the Dragon!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I've never been to the Dragon, but I here the police presence is huge there now, don't speed.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just a sample, for those who've never been:

ln_lkRo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It's a fun road to drive if you use common sense. What ever you do, <span style="font-weight: bold">watch out for trucks!</span> These are only a few photos of what can happen. Don't go flying around a bend! You never know what's waiting for you! Some people joke about it, but it's one dangerous road, not only for the trucks, but a lot of people cut the corners short, just asking for a disaster.

truck_092103.jpg

squeeze.jpg

0731_hump2_sm.jpg

Don_truck.jpg

100805.jpg

092105.jpg

0501_accident1_sm.jpg

trk_vs_miata.jpg

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
A big U-haul rental truck almost hit me head on in the Miata at the dragon. He was way over on my side and I was on the outside of the curve. Fortunately the Miata is small and there was a little shoulder at that point. The wife was silent for a while after that!!!