• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

But we don't *sell* diesel!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
This also happened in Tulsa, OK. They had a few cars affected/infected with diesel before they caught it. My grandson who works for a new car dealer in Tulsa, had a new BMW in his bay with the tank full of diesel. While purging out the system, after the diesel was drained, with whatever, a fire broke out and he was severely burned along with his partner. One month in the Tulsa burn care center and 5 months recuperating, wasn't a very pleasant experience. It was the fuel delivery company's fault along with the company owned gas station for not monitoring what went in their tanks. The fire broke out because the car dealer used the wrong solvent,(NOT FIRE PROOF)! to purge the systems. They do now!

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
It's a darned sight better than putting gasoline into a diesel tank, as many European drivers have found to their considerable cost!

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
A long time ago, when I did things I should not have done, :blush: it was common practice to go down to the gravel pits and top off our gas tanks from gasoline powered excavation equipment. One night, we siphoned some fuel from a new piece of equipment the sand company had acquired.

Did you know that flat head V8s will run on a mix of 20% gas 80% diesel, but not very well, and the cloud of blue smoke would make any LBC proud.

Shane

Jedi Warrior
This happened here in St. Louis last Tuesday. My supervisor's wife filled up their two month old Honda and it made it about two miles before it died. They took it to the dealership, and they told her that she put diesel in instead of gas. When he was telling me about it, I informed him that the diesel nozzle has a larger circumference and would not fit into the gas opening. They then called the gas station, and all the gas station needed was a receipt showing when she got the gas. They said some diesel fuel got into the gas holding tank and they didn't discover it for two hours. Apparently, theirs was the 28th claim...a little over $700 in damage, another $300 if they need to replace the fuel pump.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
WHO are those folks HIRING to fill their holding tanks?!?!

.....ohnevermind... I si.... :devilgrin:

but I ~thought~ th' lids were color coded, too...

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
Ask the driver and he would say, "Wrong tank? What's the matter, at least I got to the right station! What do you expect an Einstein?"

Perhaps we are reaping the crop from the seeds we planted and left to our education system to nurture?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Roger said:
It's a darned sight better than putting gasoline into a diesel tank, as many European drivers have found to their considerable cost!
Jerri also found out - but I had to pay the bill!