• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

GIF image test

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I see a GIF animation (image) on a website. I download the image to my desktop. I open the image - there's no animation; just a "still". I paste the image into an email - there's no animation.

The website permits downloading, as the image shows up here on BCF in this post, as well as on my desktop. It's just the animation that disappears.

Is there a "switch" I'm forgetting? Here's the animated image I'm trying to put on my desktop (and into an email):

w03.gif

Thanks all.
Tom

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Weird. I tried saving it and get the still image only. When I enter the URL into a browser I'm "forbidden" 404'd.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I went thru the "front door" and to the page with the disks, used "save image as..." and it works as an animated GIF here... BUT! I'm using Linux, and Gnome Thumb Viewer.

Haven't tried it as an attachment in an e-mail yet...

<span style="font-style: italic">EDIT: Included it as an inserted image in an e-mail and it works.</span>

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I dragged it to my desktop from this thread (no "save image"). Opened it in Windows picture and fax viewer and the animation worked fine. Photoshop recognized it as an animation, but I could only view it as a still.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A learning experience ...

Saving the image on my Mac yields the "still". Saving on my WinXP yields the animation.

Strange-a-mundo.

Agree with the "eerie" look of that picture - but that's just about all we had for television until the CRT was slapped into submission.

You think the woman singing is weird? Imagine a line of dancing chorus girls - now *that*'s weird!

How far we've come ....

silvanim.gif

A

aerog

Works fine for me in firefox and safari. Maybe it's an apple thing, they're so adorable ain't they?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Works on my Vista machine. Save as, open, animation. It just doesn't like apples I guess.
happy0148.gif