• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

British Invasion at CMP

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hap -

Your notice here didn't get moved - you posted it yourself, and this is the proper place to make an announcement of an upcoming event.

Sorry you got upset; don't know what happened over on the Spridget side, but I don't think anyone's out to get you. Rest assured - I'm not going to delete a post on the events forum that simply announces a public event.

Peace,
Mickey

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OK - Looks like your post from one of the other forums (MG?) was moved here. Sorry I jumped the gun.

However, this is the best place to announce events. I agree that sometimes forum policy isn't consistent, but we're doing our best.

Mickey

OP
Hap Waldrop
Mickey, I rehashed one of your old post on the Triumph Forum, look like you did the same thing as me. Trying hard to understand the fairness here, honest I am.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hap - I don't know how it got moved from the MG Forum to here....I think your "show" is different since you're offering driving advice & the opportunity to drive on an enclosed course.....you didn't say that though & whoever moved it probably just thought it was a normal show & should be here.

Country flag
The key to keeping it visible here is to be sure it is the event with the most recent post. So every day post more promotional/informational stuff in the thread to keep it at the top.

OP
Hap Waldrop
Well let me talk more about the event and less about where it got posted, hopefully the masses will see it here. This event started life as, I being my club's president this year handed out member surveys at our meetings. My background is racing MGs in the SCCA, when I first joined my British car club, I didn't even have a British street car. Anyway I threw a few wild suggestions into the members suveys to see if I got any interest, and got a pleasant surprise about few items I put in there. One was about a track day, well track days are really something we can do with most of our cars, being that they are roadsters, and few have roll bars, and most that have roll bars are even over our heads due to the fact then you couldn't get your top up. So being friends with the guys who own and operate Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC (CMP) I thought maybe we could come up with a workable solution. So after a few sessions talking to the owners, and the chief instructor there, Jochen Partak, we came up with a good solution I beleive, that will be as close to real track experience as many of us can get in our cars.

The plan is to have Jochen conduct a driviers meeting, talking about the fine points of road race driving, car control, and hot tips of how to get around CMP's 2.2 mile road course. Then we will grid up ( that's racing talk for getting our cars in line to go on track :smile: ) and be paced by one of the track's instructors, the plan is about 60 mph down to straights to keep us honest and 40 mph thru the corners ( which is pretty darn quick ). We'll get the folks feeling frisky towards the front of the pack, and the folks wanting to take it a little easier towards the back. We're terming this as a adavnced touring session, which will be alot more than you get to do at touring/parade session like at the Mitty vintage races, or other races around the country that do this.

Then we thought, what about folks that might want to come up, but may or may not have interest in the track session, so then why dont we have a pretty laid bcak car show as well, no classes per se, give out some awards and prizes, and make a big ole day out of it.

I'm also toying with the idea, of checking into CMP's skid pad, and having a skid pad session, there would be a small charge for this, payable to the track as well for keeping the skid pad wet with water, and giving some instruction. A skid pad is a excellant way to teach car control, this is great no matter if you drive your LBC fast or not, it's a safe way to learn car control, and skid control, so that if things ever should go real wrong on the real road, you have practiced car control, and it could help you save your car and you from a accident. If I can get enought interest in this I will pursue it, now you may get a little water splatter on the side of your baby, but you will learn more about car control on a skid pad in a few minutes than you have learned on the road in your entire life, it something every driver should know, oh and did I mention it pretty fun and harmless to your car as well :smile:

All in all this event is planned to be a fun time for all for use who enjoy driving these cars. So far I've had interest from folks from about 5 states, so who knows how big this will get, but I can say for sure those who chose to attend I, and the folks at CMP will try our very best for the day to be a fun and educational time that you will long remember.