• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Dark Knight

1965_MGB

Jedi Warrior
Today, I went to see the new Batman movie, and got a chance to see it in IMAX. All I can say is WOW. Never seeing an IMAX movie before I really did not know what to expect.

The movie had great effects, and some great acting.

I especially like that they have gotten away from the more cartoon type characters that the previous movies had shown. This is a dark movie, just the way I like them.

Just my opinion of course, your mileage may vary.

DeltaAir423

Jedi Trainee
I'm going to watch it tomorrow.

At the drive-in!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I saw it Friday morning in a virtually empty theater. Hard to believe for a $155M weekend. I had been a little dubious of casting Heath Ledger as the joker, thinking his previous roles were completely different. I must say, he pulled off evil in a way I had never thought.

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
I drove the 70 miles down to fargo at night in my B to see it sunday night and it was worth it. Very dark well acted movie and even getting there 20 minutes early I was barely able to get a seat at a 10:15pm screening on a sunday night thank god for online ticket sales. Well worth seeing in the theaters.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Holy Domestic disharmony, Batman! </span><span style="font-size: 12pt">I just heard that actor Christian Bale has been arrested and is in custody for assault on his 61 year-old mother and his sister.</span></span>

Country flag
A good friend of mine's husband is one of the stunt men on the movie. He did some of the driving in the Batmobile. His cousin is Christian Bale's stand-in.

G

Consensus in the office today is that they are probably after a slice of his cash. Next stop civil suit...

Gray_Cat

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
that's what others have said as well. we will see what comes out later, if no contract exists then see no recovery for mom and sis. if they are just trying to shake him down, what a shame but nothing surprises me anymore.

roofman

Jedi Knight
Awesome movie, I wish I could get my mini to sound like the new Batmobile. That nuclear turbine sound is cool.

roofman

Jedi Knight
That just might fit!

Twosheds

Darth Vader
Basil said:
<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Holy Domestic disharmony, Batman! </span><span style="font-size: 12pt">I just heard that actor Christian Bale has been arrested and is in custody for assault on his 61 year-old mother and his sister.</span></span>

Is he out on bale?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Twosheds said:
Basil said:

Is he out on bale?
Released, no charges filed...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Careful... Hollywierd is a dangerous place...

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Careful... Hollywierd is a dangerous place...[/QUOTE]

Not if you're a badly behaving "celebrity" eager to blame someone else for your stupidity or a washed up actor with a "cause" to keep your name in the lights.

Most politicians are safe there as well.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Twosheds said:
Basil said:

Is he out on bale?

and they said the art of the pun is dead ...

HA!

T.

swift6

Yoda
tony barnhill said:
Twosheds said:
Basil said:

Is he out on bale?
Released, no charges filed...

In England they have to arrest you to even question you. So arrests are not quite the same as here where if they arrest you they are usually ready to charge you. Or so I heard some talking head on the boob tube say this evening.

DeltaAir423

Jedi Trainee
Just watched it last night. All I can say is amazing. This will be the movie to get on BluRay when it comes out. As for the second movie, "Get Smart", I really wasn't that impressed. Personally I think Don Adams is rolling over in his grave right now.