• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nashville Show - Oct. 4

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Our annual show, Friday and Saturday, October 3-4.

Details and registration info here:

NBCC Fall Show

How 'bout a BCF gathering on Saturday night? Let me know if anyone's interested.

Mickey

Ooooooh. Finally! Something close. Maybe I'll have the B back on the road by then. Oh, and I'm proud to be providing the park - hehehehehehe.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yep - Pinkerton Park - very nice setting for a show.

Always a good show, though not as large as others. Very low key, and usually features a display of cars from the Lane Motor Museum, another place worth visiting:

https://lanemotormuseum.org/

Hope some of you can make it - October's a great time in Middle Tennessee!

Mickey

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Seems there's some interest. Anyone planning on coming?

Mickey

bill_powell

Jedi Trainee
I'm up in Dover. We have a small hotel here, so I tend to work seven days, but if it's at all possible, I will be there.

Would my somewhat modified Midget offend the faithful?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey, Bill -

Good to hear you're so close. Now I have another place to drive! Lots of good roads in the Dover area.

And don't hesitate about coming to the show. We always have plenty to offend the "faithful"! :wink:

Sending you a PM...

Mickey

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mickey,

I'm really tempted to take the Granddaughter
& fly into Nashville for the show to get away from
all of my projects.
Then I think that I could spend that money on getting
some progress done on things around here.The first thought
sounds like more fun!

- Doug

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
C'mon down, Doug - it'll be good to see you again.

At Friday night's reception we're having a "Brit meets Cowboy" theme. Food from BG and good ole southern eats.

This hasn't been a large show, but always a fun event. Jeff and Jan Zorn, from The Little British Car Co. show up with all their wares. And there's usually a display from the Lane Motor Museum.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Mickey - Jerri & I are thinking about coming...she just bought her first "toy" today - '87 XJ6 w/38,000 miles - & is interested in entering it!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Great! C'mon up.

Saw Mark Endicott at the Nashville meeting this evening. His is the Bugeye that won at the Spridget thing. Paul Stedman was there as well. They'll both be there on the 4th.

We're planning on bringing both the TR8 and the MGB.

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Dan??? That was supposed to be darn...maybe I'll check with Southwest and see if I can change my tickets without refinancing my house. My friend from Bowling Green Kentucky is picking me up...has two nice Bs.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
jackq said:
Dan...flying into Nashville on the 7th....should have check and made my schedule fit.

How long will you be in N'ville?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
regularman said:
How bad is the gas situation in Nashville, Mickey?

It has greatly improved. Last week, Nashville was in pretty dire straits, but things are pretty much back to normal. Don't think it will be a concern for next weekend.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Great - look forward to seeing you!

The weather's gonna be fantastic. It's 47 degrees here this morning, and by Saturday morning, it's still going to be in the upper 40's or lower 50's, and only up to 80 in the afternoon. Lots of sun (and we do need some rain). The setting will be on the grass at a city park in Franklin - great location.

Join us!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The Nashville club did itself proud today - lots of interesting cars, and we hooked up with sever BCF-ers.

And Tony (rather, Jerri) did OK! :wink:

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
hehehehe....6 members of the North Alabama British Motoring Society went to the show from the Huntsville area - & 6 came home with awards!!

Jerri took 1st in Class with her '87 XJ6..& there were 7 XJ6's there!

It was a great show!! Ecclectic mix of cars there.....& lots of friends!