• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ladder haulin'

A

aerog

Found this on the net. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

rh.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
SHEESH!

However, (and you're the pro, Scott, so I'll defer to you) could that be "shopped"? Don't see a shadow for the ladder.

OP
A

aerog

Anything's possible I suppose /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

rh2.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I respectfully retract my earlier post! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

OP
A

aerog

That's nothing compared to... well ok, it at least ranks right up there with that stupid stuff I've seen in the DR. Talk about a dangerous, lawless, free for all. Imagine that same scene but with a motorcycle and a steel pole across someone's shoulders as the ladder. Now imagine the steel pole loaded to the hilt with clothes on hangers. Now try to imagine that making a pass on a busy highway between cars.

Whew.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Closest thing I've seen to such idiocy was someone transporting a brand new storm door home over the I-10 Industrial Canal Bridge in N.O. years ago. Strapped (but not very well) to the top of a car. Coming down on the eastbound side, it flew off.

You know how, in such cases, people describe it as a slow-motion thing? That's what it was... Luckily, everyone in its path was able to dodge it, but could've been a major FUBAR!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I always enjoy watching the rednecks trying to keep a sheet of plywood, panaling, or a matress from flying off the roof of thier SUV by holding it down with thier hand. AND trying to steer with the other.
Good luck pal.

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Yes, but which hand do they use when it is time for a swallow of beer while doing it?