• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

old car logos/decals

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin

bugimike

Yoda
Very cool!! Shocked me as to how many were sooo familiar!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

1965_MGB

Jedi Warrior
That is one great source of logos. I recognize quite a few of them, except the ones from the drag races that took place when I was two. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Way cool! I'm gonna print some out and tape 'em to my tool box.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
They have drops fer that, sir. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

bugimike

Yoda
Banjo said:
Way cool! I'm gonna print some out and tape 'em to my tool box.

Rather than taping them to your tool box, if you print them up on sticker paper, they will be self-adhesive!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It's amazing just how many memories come to light by looking at those old decals. The only thing I have left of those days is two old race engines. One 1935 model "B" Ford Crager over head cam, which was my dads and one 1938 Ford "60" V8 Offenhouser conversion. The 4 cyl. Crager is out of a 1940 dirt track sprinter and the "60" is out of a midget that ran the "Yellow Jacket Speedway" in Philadelphia, Pa. in the 50s. Those were the days! I have photos of those cars somewhere. Now I have to look.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
racingenglishcars said:
You know, Don't even mention photos without posting!

Ha,Ha! Yeah, your right Donn. I do have to pull out the old photo box. There must be a thousand old photos in it. Problem is, where's the box? It's been buried for years. I'll look.

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
I remember saving up to buy a Hurst shifter to make my '53 Merc four door sedan cool....

Like you could make a Merc cool.

I had a Hurst shifter in my 1957 Chevy.

Ah....memories!

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Ray,

53 Merc's with 312 V-8's dropped in or the later 410 Turnpike Cruiser engines with O/D trannys were a hot rodders' dream in the 50-60's in western PA.

There were a couple of old guys up in the hills that had a 1954 coupe and they had a 410 in it and that car would kick the crap out of just about any hot factory car until the GTO and 396 hit the streets. They lost in a 1/4 mile, but nobody could get near them on top end with the O/D and Firestone wide oval tires.

The car was a real sleeper. Kind of a medium blue with black walls and a quiet exhaust, until it was race time and the opened the cut-outs and little side pipes under the front doors.