• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ralph Lauren's car collection on Discovery

gjh2007

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Did anyone catch this show? Fantastic, the restorer of a number of his cars is 5 miles from my house, Paul Russel & Co. Alot of the scenes of the cars driving were shot at Crane Castle just a stones throw across the river from me.

I sold my old '73 Land Rover to an apprentice who worked at Russel & got a behind the scene tour. What a place.

It may be airing again, try & catch it.

https://www.collect.com/newsarticle.aspx?id=8284
https://paulrussell.com/

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I caught that on Saturday... Fantastic! I like it when a man of means like that creates a collection that really gets enjoyed. Not just for their investment value or braggin rights, but because he really enjoys and appreciates them.

Well worth watching.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
that was awesome!!!

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
He's got nuthin' without Crypty in there.............

Gwilhelm

Yeah that was a VERY interesting show...
something of great interest to me was the 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C-2900 Mille Miglia Spider.

A strange coincidence.... A friend of mine was talking about how he got to ride in an unrestored 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C-2900 Mille Miglia Spider. How cool would that of been? Riding in a car that only 4 exist in the world! It was (don't know if its still unrestored as its been privately sold) the car that Paul Russel sent a team of photographers to Cincinnati to document for Lauren's car.

That Alfa used to show up at the ault park Concours d'Elegance event in Cincinnati. The idiots planning the event told the owner to not bring the Alfa anymore.... so i never got to see it.

1965_MGB

Jedi Warrior
That was a great show. I liked the restoration of the Alfa as well. I think it's great when a guy like that collects cars, and actually drives them. I'm not a big fan of the guys clothes line, but I have a bit more respect for him now. (I'm sure he appreciates my approval :smile:)

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Great show. Jay Leno looked a little frumpy next to Ralph Lauren didn't he?

D

DougF

It makes you wonder what would be in your own collection with unlimited funds. Not that I haven't thought about it before.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
DougF said:
It makes you wonder what would be in your own collection with unlimited funds. Not that I haven't thought about it before.

Tunebug (Bugeye Sprite)
MG TC
Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40 (RHD)
Land Rover Series IIA (RHD)
66 Mustang Coupe GT
Some sort of 50's Ford set up like a Carrera Panamerica car

Yes, I've thought of this quite a bit, and I have pretty cheap taste. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif