• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Canada vs US

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
This is the transcript of the actual radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in
October 1995.
Radio conversation released by the chief of Naval operations 10-10-95
Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.
Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.
Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avert a collision.
Americans: This is the captain of a US navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again. You divert YOUR course.
Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE HEAVY CRUISERS, THREE DESTROYERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH. I SAY AGAIN THAT'S ONE FIVE NORTHER, OR COUNTER MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

DougR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
They shoulda blasted that lighthouse.
devilgrin.gif
(honest I'm kidding!)

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: DougR ]</p>

Banshee

Freshman Member
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

thats sooo good!
being a true canadian i really find that funny- a perfect example of the "all-mighty" american attitude.

Banshee

Freshman Member
first of all a note to any american kids who read this- please take no offense, for this was a joke i got out of the vancouver sun newspaper. and if you have any canadian based jokes you feel needing to be told, i say GO FOR IT!

A which chatting to to her which freinds:

My doctor told me i have an extremely high cholesterol level and that i need to lay off the fatty foods for a while. So for now, american kids are strictly off-limits.