• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Watertown, NY

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I'm here for the next 20 or so days...Thousand Islands portion of NY...never been here before...think I might run over to canada for dinner one night if there's anything over there

So, you guys from here - where to eat?

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
AHhhh... up here in my neck of the woods eh???
Actually, yer still quite a ways from me. I'm down in the finger lakes region, right on the PA border.
SO THAT'S where all this heat is from?!?!?!?!
Can't help ya on eateries, but I bet the Saranac Beer's mighty fresh up that way.

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hey Tony,

Sorry I missed you. I was just up there with my Dad reviewing family history last weekend.

Guess you're consulting at Fort Drum?

We stayed at the Carriage House Hotel downtown Watertown and the breakfast was good at the hotel restaurant as well as dinner at Denise's in same. all along Route 3 on the 81 side is the usual commercial food type places such as Red Lobster, friendlys (ice cream place), TGIF, Applebees, and Wendy's fast food. The Crystal Restaurant along the circle downtown Watertown by the Army Navy Store has been there a hundred years and still puts out a great breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Closed on Mondays though. There's a good Brick oven Italian place on West Main Street in Sacketts Harbor. It's located about eight miles up route 3 bear right at the sign to Sacketts Harbor (Dodge Ave) and at end bear left onto N. Broad Street then at the Church take a right onto West Main. The restaurant is located on the right and if you see the harbor boat launch ramp on your right you've gone too far. After you eat you should take a ride or walk around the Old Battlegrounds and see the old barracks. Dates back to the War of 1812. If you get a chance you should also catch a launch to visit Boldt Castle in Alexandria Bay. Downtown Watertown is all tore up for renovations right now and looks real grungy, I remember a better city when I was younger visiting my Grandparents. Have fun!

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
If you get up to Alexandria Bay, try Dockside Pub for a burger, or try the Admiral Inn on James Street. If you are ever looking for a place to stay in Alexandria, try Hill's Motor Court. I had written a brief travelogue for the American Road Forum which describes the town more fully.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yep, Ft Drum....gonna get out & about this weekend...maybe run over to Canada Saturday, explore the surrounding area Sunday...something Friday afternoon.