• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2004 Michigan British Reliability Run

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I got this in my e-mail. Something to think forward to, in September, but will take some time to plan towards, and for a good cause.

Anyone on BCF done this event before?

Message as follows:

Hi everyone...

I've just announced the dates and route for the 2004 Michigan British Reliability Run. First two paragraphs of the press release are below.
For the entire release visit the event website at - https://www.mibrr.com - and see the MEDIA INFORMATION links in the left column. Please feel
free to forward this email to other mail lists (I know there are lists for Jags, MGs, Healeys, etc., but I don't know how to reach them) or
individuals that may have an interest in participating. If you're at all close, enter
your car and chat it up at your car club, I'd love to get 50 cars this year!

Cheers,
Blake Discher, event organizer

On September 25th and 26th, up to 50 vintage British cars will depart Sarnia, Ontario, Canada for a demanding 36-hour, 800-mile drive, the
"Michigan British Reliability Run" around Lake Huron to raise money for charity. The event is open to any British marque vehicle such as
Triumph, MG, Jaguar, Austin-Healey, Rolls Royce, Land Rover and Mini Cooper.

Last year's run was around the lower peninsula of Michigan and raised an incredible $12,100 for the Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan.

Teams will collect donations in an effort to raise $500 per vehicle to be given to the
American Diabetes Association and the Canadian Diabetes Association to help send kids to each organization's educational summer camps. At the
camps, children are able to connect with other children with the same disease and learn to grow more independent.

more at www.mibrr.com

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
"British Reliability" seems like an oxymoron?
D

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Hey! My car is famously reliable in our club races.

I'll have you know that my Spridget was the most reliable car in our local 2003 small-bore enduro series (hence the cheesy first-place trophy I have in my living room).
On the other hand, every one else in the tiddler class was running FIAT X1/9s.....

Another neat event up sort of in that area is the Press-On-Regardless Pro-Rally (now called the "Son of POR"). They have a vintage class too (I'm pretty sure the elderly "flying" Colt below is running in the vintage class). I ran a 510 in SCCA pro-rally years ago....it's grueling.

More info:
https://www.detroit-scca.org/schedule.asp?pg=3

A better picture of the Colt:
https://www.detroit-scca.org/photos/rally/rally07.jpg

rally07th.jpg

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
If I can get a British car that runs by then I'll be going.