• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bombardier

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Bombardier is a Quebec-based company up here in Canada.

Of historical interest... they are generally credited with building the first true snowmobile back in the 1940's I think, taking over from all those cars people used to convert into snowmobiles. But that's about all I know and don't quote too closely, I don't claim to be an expert historian on snowmobiles, just know some basic information.

Eric

Jedi Warrior
Huge company. They also build rail cars and medium range commercial jets. In many parts of Canada, any snow machine is called a Ski Doo, because Bombardier was the first. Do a google search - there's lots of stuff.
canpatriot.gif

William

Darth Vader
Okay, so out in Schaumburg, I see this sign advertising something called "Bombardier". The same place sells Honda bikes, I believe. I've never heard of this company, apparently they make snowmobiles. Anybody know anything else?
-William

Alan Black

Yep.... Snowmobiles, jet-skis, ATVs, planes, trains.... need I go on??? They are the parent company for Sea-doo, Skidoo, Learjet etc. I have a Bombardier ATV (Quest500) and have been happy with it so far. I was reluctant at first, but once I found more info, I felt much safer. They are relatively new in the ATV market, but Sea-Doo and Ski-Doo have been around for many years.

William

Darth Vader
I did a Google search and all it led me to was adverts for Skidoos, and not much else. Went and tried again and found a historical site about the founder, though!
-Wm.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
James,

Do you just sit around and look things up on the net and tell us about them?

Cheers,
thirsty.gif
driving.gif

Walter

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Maybe...
grin.gif
Make a note of my signature again.

That didn't take long to look up though, a quick google did it all. I've also discovered how good the image search feature is, a great tool! I think it's almost quicker than a normal search.

lawguy

Jedi Knight
And for all of us from the "States", it's not pronounced: "bom-bu-deer."

It's : "bom-bar-dee-ay", I actually heard a radio commercial this morning that mispronounced it.
canpatriot.gif

William

Darth Vader
it's not pronounced: "bom-bu-deer."
It's : "bom-bar-dee-ay"

Heh...I was wondering about that....."Pilot to bombardeeay..."

UltimateQuestion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
"Pilot to Bom-Bar-Dee-Ay" would only work in a French Bomber. In the USAF it is "Pilot to Bom-Bah-Deer"
patriot.gif