• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New "old Guy"

Davo

Freshman Member
Hi,
My name's Dave, From Springfield, Illinois, I ran a shop here for 30 years. I'm now retired. Did a lot of British cars. Have owned a lot of British cars. I still have a Mini, and a "Landar" (Mini powered Sport racer) This looks like a "comfotable" site! I was looking for information on a Miata powered MGB and found this site - No I'm not a purist.
Just remember "Of course your car is making a funny little noise Mrs. Jones, It's a funny little car!"
Hope to be talking to all of you soon.
Davo

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome, Davo...we'll all want to see photos of that "Landar" I'm sure.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Davo;

A Welcome from the Pocono Mtns of PA:

I suspect we`re "ALL" in the approx. same age bracket: How often do You see an "18 yr. old" driving a LBC or even at a Local Car Show these days!! Personally; I would love to see the "Kids" taking an Interest in these Very Interesting Toys of Ours; But, It just does`nt seem to happen! If It does`nt have 2000 Watt Speakers etc etc; It`s Not worth having; I believe that`s their Opinion? That`s the way they think here in PA anyway: Hope I have`nt offened anyone! Should there be some "Young People" on this Forum; "CONGRATULATIONS" cause You are in fact in a Minority!

Welcome Again Davo & Let`s see a Pic of that "Landar"!!

Regards, Russ (59)

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Davo
Love that quote for noise. After 40 years under hoods, I'll bet you and I could trade stories for ever. "No you don't wait for the oil light to come on for oil changes, that's what the ugly sticker is for." Anyway, welcome to the best little talk shack in the world, and remember, Thank Basil daily.
Dave

Sparkie

Welcome from old [censored] Sparkie! OOPS, discovered one of the sensored words... sounds like a poof

Having a sound system that's more powerful than the engine is just wrong....

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Welcome, Sparkie and Davo

Glad to have ya aboard.

Sparkie

Looks like both our dogs get all the stations! ("Rabbit" ears)