• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi from Madison Wisconsin

mgless

Country flag
Just saying "hi." As you can see by my name, I'm MG-less at the moment, but looking to buy a Spridget. Not sure what I'll call myself when I actually buy one! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Right now I'd trying to decide to go cheap and get my hands dirty (satisfaction of a do-it-yourself, perhaps?) or spend more for a ready-to-go car (or at least as ready-to-go as a 30+ y/o British car can be.)

I see there's a Madison owners group. Anyone from there visit the forum?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome - whatever you decide buy the best body you can find...mechanics are easy to repair, rust isn't.

OP
M

mgless

Country flag
Thanks!

Most of the decent cars I've found so far have been out-of-state. None good enough to road trip for just yet, at least in my price range.

Problem with sellers seems to be lack of interest (or hiding something, perhaps?) of checking the car for rust. "I don't see any," or "minor surface rust" seem to be common answers.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome from another denizen of the frozen tundra.

You'll probably find that most of the good cars in Wisconsin are away for the winter, and will find their way on to the market come spring.

What's your budget, as a matter of interest?

OP
M

mgless

Country flag
Not so frozen lately, though. Even rode the motorcycle today!

Budget is flexible, but I'd like to keep it under 3k.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Okay, I shall keep my ears and eyes open. I check the Milwaukee papers regularly for LBCs, so I'll keep you in mind should I see anything. If anything local looks promising I'll go scope it out before giving you the heads-up, make sure it's worth you making the trip.

Since you ride motorcycles, stop by the British Motorcycles board, and say "Hi". We talk to anyone, any enthusiast of two-wheels is okay by us......regardless of make or country of origin!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin