• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A new MG Midget fan

terriphill

Darth Vader
Hello to all! I bought the car of my dreams last March on e-bay. It didn't run and was pretty rough. Since then, I have put in a rebuilt motor, weber downdraft carb, new starter, altenator, solenoid....you get the picture. It still hasn't left the garage, but today we had a breakthrough and may actually be on the road by this weekend. Considering I barely knew how to turn a screw when this all started, I have really learned a lot. (Particularly how to do it and then how to do it right!)
I knew I had lost my mind when my christmas presents were a Nardi steering wheel, wood shift knob to match, MG earrings and matching bracelets. Is this normal for MG owner's or have I just gone over the top? I can say, this is the cutest car I have ever owned. Stay tuned for the story of my 1st drive!
I look forward to talking with all of you and learning more about these cars.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
Welcome to the fold, Terri. We're a pretty talkative bunch here, and have been known to get downright silly on occasion. But, considering what we drive, it's to be expected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Check out the Spridget forum, as that's the home for the Midget.
Jeff

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
(Particularly how to do it and then how to do it right!)
I knew I had lost my mind when my christmas presents were a Nardi steering wheel, wood shift knob to match, MG earrings and matching bracelets. Is this normal for MG owner's or have I just gone over the top?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your gettint to understand the LBC (Little British Car)hokeypokey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No you haven't gone over the top. Being OCD is a common disorder for LBC enthusiasts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif Welcome to the asylum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
[Your gettint to understand the LBC (Little British Car)hokeypokey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No you haven't gone over the top. Being OCD is a common disorder for LBC enthusiasts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif Welcome to the asylum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HEAR HEAR!. This is the friendliest asylum anywhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Plus you get a lot of helpful advice and information thrown in.

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

MattP

Jedi Knight
Welcome to the fold, from another part of AR. I'm starting to notice a bit of growth in LBC interest in our neck of the woods.

OP
T

terriphill

Darth Vader
I can't wait to drive it up the pig trail. We have already decided that highway 300 (past pinnacle and Lake Maumelle) is our first trip. Northwest AR has some roads I can't wait to travel. I just gotta get it running. I have learned quite a lot on this car....mostly that you do it once and then do it again right! Some day I'll admit the Weber downdraft conversion fiasco.....

MattP

Jedi Knight
The longest trip in the B yet was down 71 to Hot Springs then over to Malvern and family for last Thanksgiving. That was a really good drive. Once I get the Saturn alternator swap done, I intend to take it over to Mt. Magazine to see the new lodge.

bugimike

Yoda
Welcome, You sound positivly normal for this crowd, enjoy the banter!!

bugimike

Yoda
Welcome, You sound positivly normal for this crowd, enjoy the banter!! You are fairly close to where the Spridget 50th anniversary re-union is taking place in the end of June.
Perhaps we will all meet there!!