• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

trying not to lurk

gfaubus

Freshman Member
Today is my first day on this forum. I'm still 'lurking' around finding things. I just recently purchased my first British car, a 1969 MGB roadster. Any advice on use of this forum, or my car, will be appreciated. I look forward to meeting folks here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Ah, welcome...'69 is a great 1-year car with lots of unusual things...jump over to the MG Forum & get involved...we'd also like to see photos of your car over there...there's a loyal following for the '69 (I've got a '69 MGC GT)

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
Hi, & welcome to BCF.
There are many forums that may be of interest to you. The folks here are pretty easy to get along with.

The MG forum is very active & might be a likely starting point. Although there are forums to cover many other interests. There is a collective wealth of knowledge here, ranging from new folks to some with many years of experience.

At the bottom of each forum page there is a list of back pages that you can review to see many recent topics.

The search function at the top of the pages will allow you to see many topics that have been covered & goes back several years.

Just jump in with any questions or comments that you may have. Nobody here bites very hard, & it is one of the most congenial forums going.

Best to you,
D

OP
G

gfaubus

Freshman Member
Thanks for all the welcomes, I'll have plenty of questions I'm sure, this is my first British car and only my second sports car, leave it to me to get a 'quirky' one. I spent the last day and 1/2 changing the little donut gaskets in the exhaust, three of the bolts were broken, had to drill them from underneath the car, think it would have been easier to remove the entire manifold but I was a bit afraid to touch the carburetors.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the welcomes, I'll have plenty of questions I'm sure, this is my first British car and only my second sports car, leave it to me to get a 'quirky' one. I spent the last day and 1/2 changing the little donut gaskets in the exhaust, three of the bolts were broken, had to drill them from underneath the car, think it would have been easier to remove the entire manifold but I was a bit afraid to touch the carburetors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then, you'll want to jump right into the MG forum here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Basil

R6MGS

Yoda
Welcome....Those dang exhaust gasket bolts...I removed all off them from the 61 about 3 years ago now in an attempt to replace the gasket....the thing fused together, so I left it hoping it would break itself loose....HA!And now without the bolts in the leak stopped!