• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Stump the expert game

• Thread starter Deleted member 3577
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3577

As you all probably know, I like really unusual lightweight LBCs.
Can anyone name any of these?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

OP
D

Deleted member 3577

I knew you'd be the curve buster coldplugs.

#1 is in fact a Fairthorpe Electron.
#3 is a Rochdale GT

Very close on #2.....The car was made by former employes of Tornado.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
It was pure luck.

The Rochdale is a pretty little thing that seems to use styling cues from a bunch of other cars. The rear side window area and general rear roofline looks like an XK-140 Jag FHC to me. The nose looks a little like a D Jag or maybe Ginetta G4 with VW Beetle headlights.

Does anyone else see the resemblance or maybe see some other cars in there?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The G4 resemblance struck me.

Country flag
The middle one looks like a Victress

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
I don't remember the rochdale gt but I do remember the rochdale olympic 2 and also the gilbern (built in Wales ) both sweet cars

OP
D

Deleted member 3577

This one came up on E-Bay a few months ago....

I found out about it from BCF......I wanted to buy it NOW....
Fly over....
Flip it over....
& paddle back.
fe_1_b.jpg

Look at this dash......Is it cool or what?
07_1_b.jpg

48_1_b.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks weewillie! Been a looong time since I've seen a Gilbern here inna Colonies. Neat!

OP
D

Deleted member 3577

I believe the one pictured above is an exceedingly rare Rochdale Riviera....About 1959-60

A DHC & same as the GT, forward of the bulkhead
(Except for the grill being wider)

Total production = 50

<Kicking Self>

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
No. 3 is a Rochdale GT, 1350 "made" as kit cars, 1957 to 1961. This is also used on the Practical Classics magazine site for Rochdale GTs:

https://www.practicalclassics.co.uk/profiles/vehicle/picture.ehtml?i=3;p=1966284818

I'm puzzled a bit by the registration "MFL 838 F" for I believe the "F" suffixes were used in 1967- so did they take six years (or more) to build it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about the "F", but often a donor car registration was re-used in these caese, so it might have been a re-build or something.