• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Some of you people are letting me down

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
We have over 6700 members on this forum and only TWENTY-ONE took a minute to send a good thought to Lee, who is dying? 21 measley messages to a guy that has been a big part of this board???

Like it or not, this is happening. We may not be able to change it, but we can surely help raise his spirits. If you don't know what to say, TELL HIM THAT. Just say something.

Come on, get your butts in that thread RIGHT now and at least let the man know we care.

Don't make me hurt you. I want 50 posts in there by tonight...at the minimum.

GRRRRRRRR.

https://www.britishcarforum.com/ubbthread...p;page=0#259136

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Oh, and did I mention I'm ashamed about this? We're a family here.

Yea, I'm upset.

R

Randi

I have friends in Ponca City & had them call and help out with anything they can. He knows I care. Randi

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Jaybird is absolutely right. I am not normally stuck for words, but in this instance I was.....I just did not know what to say to this man, who has been such good company on the board for some time now. So, I kept it simple, and just stated what I was thinking at the time.

Just a few words.....you don't even need a stamp!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Janel - its probably a guy thing...we understand, we empathize, but we also identify with & worry about it happening to us...thus, its hard to put into words how we feel about it (at least for some it might be)

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
It could be ANY of us Tony. That's what I don't understand. We can't shove it in a corner and pretend it isn't happening. Rather to let him think we don't care, than just tell him we don't know what to say hut we're thinking of him? It's not that hard.

I would surely hope that my friends wouldn't ignore me if (okay, when) I am dying, just because they can't put their feelings into words. It's not what you say, it's the fact you said something.

This Lee thing has me unbelieveably upset.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Janel - its probably a guy thing...we understand, we empathize, but we also identify with & worry about it happening to us...thus, its hard to put into words how we feel about it (at least for some it might be)

[/ QUOTE ]

What Tony said. I can only add that if it did happen to anyone else, would we not at least be comforted to know that we touched the lives of so many in the hobby? We can at least do that for him!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
That's it. If he's touched our lives, it's important to let him know that. If you enjoyed his posts, his sense of humor, his advice and help -- tell the man.

I cannot imagine going through what he and his family are going through, and I'm strong as they come. I didn't shed a tear when Chuck was diagnosed with cancer. Because I instantly went into 'attack' mode. I'm as hard as rock and fierce as they come when it comes to preserving and protecting my family. But this has absolutely torn me up the past few days. Because I feel completely helpless. OTHER than trying to lift his spirits.

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
I've read alot of Lee's posts over here and at MG Addict. He is certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I'm just sort of afraid to post in the thread. I have never personally talked to him, and i'm worried about being resented because I don't know him as well as some of you.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
No one will resent you, most of all Lee.

Whatsthatnoise, why are you shaking your head?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sometimes we don't know what to say.
We need a little push - Thanks!

- Doug

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I've read alot of Lee's posts over here and at MG Addict. He is certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I'm just sort of afraid to post in the thread. I have never personally talked to him, and i'm worried about being resented because I don't know him as well as some of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt the same way but felt the need to just say anything. I'll tell you the truth, I don't recall his name on the list but since I first read about it, I have thought about it everyday. Just say what you can and think about what he must be going through. When you are having a crap day think about that and realize getting upset over stuff is'nt worth it compared to the big picture of life. Miracles happen & right now he needs all of our positive thinking.

Stepping down off the soapbox.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I encourage folks to post a note IF THEY FEEL THEY CAN, but I'd ask that we make this a personal choice for all concerned. I'm sure that Lee will know that we are all thinking of him.

Basil

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
I have worked as a Chaplain for 3 different groups and it has been my experience that when people are faced with the imminent death of a friend or loved one that they are suddenly made aware of their own mortality. It seems to affect men more than women because as guys we sometimes get a little "I'm immortal" thing going. This is what makes it possible for young men to fight wars and attempt crazy stunts. Suddenly a friend or loved one is at deaths door and we are handed a strong reminder that we are not immortal. The psyche then reacts by avoiding these reminders. Thus by not acknowledging Lee's condition many folks can hang on to their little immortality fantasy.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
John - again one of you guys expressed what I was trying to say better than I could!

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]
Whatsthatnoise, why are you shaking your head?

[/ QUOTE ]
While I was reading his posts, it occurred to me that I'm not really here for the repair advice.
(Although it helps)

I appreciate the humor more.......

A lot of his posts were also entertaining.........That's why I'm shaking my head.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Yea, really sad...