• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is the best garage floor protectant ?

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The woman who owns the place I store my LBC's has just redone here entire garage floor with a really great check design in the coloUrs to match her MGTD and her Mercedes SUV's. Money is not a factor with her and she asked me if I could find out what would be the best to put overtop of the new floor so it will stay as nice as it is. The floor is a smooth concrete, like I haven't seen before so I am not sure of the absorbtion factor of what would be put on top. They also have a riding tractor and a snowblower that they drag in and out, and her husband is in a wheelchair, so nothing real slippery either.
If anyone can give an idea please.. Remember.. cost is no object here.

Paul

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
It is an epoxy she got at Bengiman Moore. They told her it was the best they had so she went with that. She said they were a little iffy on the toping so she is looking elsewhere.

Steve_S

Yoda
A good epoxy should not need a clear coat. The stuff I used is hard as nails. Definitely in a completely different leaque than the home depot stuff.

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
A good epoxy should not need a clear coat. The stuff I used is hard as nails. Definitely in a completely different leaque than the home depot stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I told her Steve. The floor is bullet proof as far as I could tell. It took her three weeks to do it herself, and being in her 70's she doesn't want to do any part of it again. I will see her again tomorow and explain that again.

Thanks

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Remember.. cost is no object here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A nice Persian carpet should cover and protect it well, and be easily rolled up for displaying the floor.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
My stamped concrete driveway uses "Stone Mason" concrete sealer....I like the high gloss stuff, but they offer other finishes as well.....It hardens like a plastic coating, would probably be great indoors....I've had a few issues with it outside(but some of that is due to my own carelessness). It is kinda slipper when wet, they recommend you mix a little sand in with it....but I haven't, only slipped and broke my watch once so far.

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
My stamped concrete driveway uses "Stone Mason" concrete sealer.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Where would you buy that Ron?

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
An epoxy paint, properly sealed, should need no sealer, and anything applied, over that epoxy paint, before full cure will prevent proper curing.

The epoxy paint will prevent a concrete sealer from reaching the concrete.

There may be a clear epoxy that is compatible with the epoxy paint, but I suspect it would have a tendency to yellow with age.

Benjamin Moore has a fairly good description of its paints and coatings, and its specifications are available, on its website.