• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Television production... power by LUCAS!!!

Steve_S

Yoda
I got a call for a last-minute video shoot yesterday. Long story short, the only car I had available to drive to work was the MG TC. So I hopped in and drove to the job.

The location for the shoot was a wide street, and we had a camera crane in the center lane. The shot was simply a car making a scary u-turn as seen from a high angle. The street was closed to all traffic except for a few cars and trucks to be our "traffic" during the shot.

Shortly before rolling tape, the large "block" batteries that power all the monitors and electronics started going bad. Some of the smaller "brick" batteries were draining too quickly as well. We were in danger of not having enough battery power to get through the day!

Well, I just happen to have this Optima 75/25 Gel Cell Battery in my 1949 MG. Hmmm.....

A set of jumper cables, 20-feet of power cord, a wire stripper and some camera tape were rushed into action and three minutes later, the entire television production was depending on the cables dangling from under the bonnet of my 57-year-old British sports car.

tcjib1.jpg

Additional photos:

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
Well done Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Just shows you,Lucas isn't always in the dark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

tiga2

Jedi Trainee
...Having owned a TC, are you SURE it wasnt the other way around! ;-)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

swift6

Yoda
Now there is something you don't see everday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

OP
Steve_S

Steve_S

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty neat.

But was it positive ground? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the car is positive ground. But I made sure the polarity was correct before plugging it all in, so all was good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Steve, that's truly impressive!