• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

intro.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome!

2.5 Spitfire... would that be a TR5 or TR6 engine? Tell us more.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif Mickey

OP
cjm

cjm

Jedi Trainee
hi mickey,the engine was from saloon,mm,engine has polished crank and internals,carrillo con rods,custom sump,1.65-1 roller rockers,competition valves,head is being re-done,did have fast road 89 cam,am switching to differant one,also having custom stainless exhaust,will be using electric water pump.car has had make over(marmite car,either like it or not!)roof,rear spoiler,front replacement quarter valances,grill.sure theres more,will create new post with pics.thanks for welcome mickey.

R6MGS

Yoda
Welcome- saw the pics...looks great!

R6MGS

Yoda
uhhh...sure lets go with that excuse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
Sure, although I've only got these two....If your considering one: GO FOR IT!....I was originally a little scared by some reports I had read about them....But I've had it almost 2 years with no problems at all. I bought it as a daily driver, drove it through last winter(bought a second set of rims and pirelli snows) and decided I like the car too much to allow the winter to wreck it on me....So now it's become another weekend car, I took and Caddy, and my wife is driving the 61 MGA daily....I hope to have something else for her once the snow hits.

here ya go: I wish I had an interior pic...that really what made me buy it....For a modern car, you just don't see quality like this.

284243_102_full.jpg

284243_90_full.jpg

R6MGS

Yoda
A friend of mine had a Esprit....ALOT of fun to drive....He used to be able to make it backfire so bad that it would spit out the odd flame. I've always had a seceret desire for a Europa,I've never driven one, but I like love the styling- kinda like a british elcamino /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...kinda like a british elcamino....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.

I driven both the Lotus and the Chevy "el camino"s.

I think you'd prefer the British one, unless you needed to carry another engine in the back....

BTW. Welcome to cjm. Hope you enjoy it here.

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...kinda like a british elcamino....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.

I driven both the Lotus and the Chevy "el camino"s.

I think you'd prefer the British one, unless you needed to carry another engine in the back....

BTW. Welcome to cjm. Hope you enjoy it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I good friend of mine is into elcamino's....not really my cuppa...but the last ones (87?) with the urethane front clip(ala Monte Carlo) are pretty nice.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
welcome - I couldn't see the pics - do you have one of that awesome engine?