• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member in Texas

TexBug

Freshman Member
Hi folks,

Short time lurker, first time poster living just outside of Terrell, Texas...

My project is a 1960 Bugeye that was my father's. He bought it in the mid-60's and it became mine at the age of 2 when he passed away in 1974. Mom held on to it for me after she quit driving it in the late '70's until I got it running in the late '80's. After driving it on/off for a couple of high school and college years, locked up brakes parked it for good. Getting married in the early '90's meant moving it to a rural self storage where it waited patiently for 15 years as life happened all around me.

This June, we finally moved into a 3-car garage (with house attached) and brought the little critter home. It took a winch, car hauler, good family, lots of 4-letter words, and sweat to get it home in the 100+ degree Texas summer. The effort has proved worth it as just this morning I received final budgetary approval from the wife. Time to bring "the Healey" back to life...

As CEO of a web development firm as well as a web hosting company, I've got top-notch resources (ie great staff) to help with the site that will chronicle the project. www.texbug.com will be active soon and will be updated each step of the way. I intend on documenting the process from design and planning, through problem solving, part selection, installation, and ultimately final tuning and detailing. Should make for a fun trip...

I look forward to asking many dumb questions, providing helpful advice when possible, and sharing the camaraderie that draws us to these little British cars.

Catch ya online,

Jeffrey

Country flag
Welcome to the BCF.

Let us know when your site becomes active.

I look forward to seeing your work.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome, I know the guys over on the Spridget Forum can't wait to follow your restoration.

R6MGS

Yoda
Welcome- nice stable