• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

You need a part for what !!

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Stopped by the local Advance Auto today to pick up a new set of plugs for Molly "B". Told the kid behind the counter I needed plugs for a 77 MGB. Kid looks at me for a second, then asks who made it. I say MG. He grins and actually says "yeah right". At this point he suddenly finds MG on his computer screen. He is so amazed that he calls his buddy over to see. Both kids are fascinated, so I promised I'd bring Molly by and show them an MGB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

kyreb, ive been having a similar experiance with a young fella working at the local "nappa" store, ill go in for oil, a piece of rubber hose,etc,and ill always ask him to look up something for my 63 healey knowing they wont have it every time heck ask me how to spell it,i went in yesterday to pick up an adjustable timing light id ordered and told him a needed a left front wing, ya had to see the look on his face,the other guys that work there are older and have known all along that ive been pulling this kids chain one of them had to leave the counter trying to keep his laughter in,"left front wing? what the heck ya drivin a aeroplane" no come outside ill show ya what im talking about i said,when we got out the door there was two or three people already looking the healey over the kid stopped dead in his tracks eyes wide open mouth agape,his exact words-"no wonder i cant never find nothin for you we aint got no parts for them old "italian" sports cars" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
At least he recognised it was "old" and a "sports" car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
kyreb1862

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Ain't it the truth. Same store but different kid, I asked for an oil filter for my TR7. Kid looks at me for a minute and says "What model toyota is that?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

It actually usually surprises the local Advance guys here when they DO have a part for my MGB or my Alfa... Usually whoever is on the terminal, says "cool" when I say the make of car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Ask them for a breather tube for a midget, they'll give you directions to a medical supply store.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
heh... I guess I've been lucky enough not to get too many "young'ns" working the parts counter. Most times I get someone around my age and they seem to be non-reactive to the type of car I'm trying to get parts for...

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I like going to our local parts places and asking them for an MGC part..they give you the blonde stare...the best one was Advance opened here a while back, brand new store with teenagers manning the counters. Took all my British cars there thru the day..one after the other..drove them batty...then asked if they had plug wires for either of my 911s...they offered me a built it yourself kit.