• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Yours truly slaying the Dragon

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
tail2.jpg

tail1.jpg

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
That 2nd shot tells me you don't need an oversize sway bar!

Oh, tell Chuck not to hang onto that vent window frame so tightly or he'll start the crack of doom!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I'm on him constantly about that Tony. He really isn't holding onto it in that picture, it just looks like he has the grip of death on it. Goes well with the grimace on his face. If he could have, he'd have loved to look at the gauges, but he was askeered to take his eyes off the road.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
~snort~

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
If anything, I'd retrofit her with the same size bar that was optional for her from the factory....notice I said, "if anything".

Great pictures... And as for the handling and feel of the car - I'd guess your just noticing the day and night difference between the early car, and later one. Take her for what she is.... MG's first unibody chassis built in the early sixties. Many refinements were made over the 10 years difference between the 2.

Looked like a fun drive - I'll have to get up there someday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Country flag
Like I said before. I do not know anything about MGB suspension/handling, but that second picture looks to have quite a bit of body roll. A good heavy sway bar would settle the inside tire down, and then both wheels will be following a better track through the curve. I'd buy a bar and mounting links that could be swapped out for other thicknesses without having to buy new links for each style bar. And the links and mounting systems also greatly determine the effectiveness of a bar.

Janel, did you buy those from killboy or the other guys that were there?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Trevor - compared to most MG's that one has barely any body roll...unless she was driving it like a little old lady (which I doubt!).

Country flag
I dunno, looks pretty extreme to me. However, the boat type handling is what made me avoid the MGB.

You ought to try driving a real boat before you go comparing an MGB to a boat. I've got one that would have you upchucking in a second if you think Janels car is rolling too much.

Country flag
I've spent more than my share of time on various boats, and it is just an expression. I guess my impression of the MGB is tainted, because when I first drove one I was expecting it to handle more like a miata, but instead it handled more like a ford maverick.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
well, one thing is for sure... she's not braking in those pics... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
THIS is body roll. Binabox is hardly rolling at all.

5739.jpg

and from the looks of his forearm grinding his elbow tight to the door I hardly doubt she's driving like a little old lady either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Country flag
That is a much harder corner, and it looks like he is experiencing some understeer... but it is hard to tell what is happening in the picture.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I never drive like a little old lady. My mother is 81 and drives like she owns the pole position at Daytona. And I taught her how to drive when she was 49 years old.

My philosophy is:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW - What a ride!"

TJ, I bought them from Killboy. I didn't know about any others taking pictures. I didn't see ANYONE taking pictures, but I was pretty much concentrating on the 10 feet in front of me and that double yellow line. And trying to figure out how to toss Chuck out of the car if he told me ONE more time how to drive the Tail!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Noonie, I don't need no stinkin' brakes.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Agree, that's uncomfertable i bet.

Shaggy

Freshman Member
Was this your first time there? I ran through there with some friends back in Febuary/March and had a BLAST! I was only a day off of my car's break in period though so I was still not fully "in tune" with it but it still amazed me just how well it held it through some of the pedal on the ground sweepers.

Some photos from out trip to the gap...
CRW_0709.jpg

CRW_0742.jpg

And the only one from Killboy, although this was the image used in the first of his new banners on the site.
IMG_0411.jpg

Deals Gap blog post

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW - What a ride!"

Love it.