• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What to do now.....

G

I came home for lunch a few minutes ago and find this parked in my driveway. Now what to do. The friend with the "free TR3" came through and gave me the engine/tranny from his old, rotted TR3. Even had his men throw together a quick engine dolly. I don't know if it is something that I really want to fool with. What would J...s do? I can't really give it away, he would have his feelings hurt. Guess I'll put a wrench to it and see what I have to work with. The tranny looks like it has an A-type overdrive hanging off the back. Should be interesting. I'll keep ya'll posted on what happens next. (Like I need this right now.)

Bill
engine.jpg

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Bill-

I think you have no choice but to find the rest of the parts to fit around it.. I thought I had a good lead for you (check link), but found out it was already sold! Seems someone had stuffed a 289 engine in a TR3, your engine/tranny would have been perfect..
https://houston.craigslist.org/car/135565747.html

Randy

pa297pass

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I agree with Randy ... you need to find the rest of a TR3 to put around it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matt

trfourtune

Jedi Knight
get a titanium frame from uk with an alloy tub and body,210 hp upgrade with all the goodies to go insanely
fast!
rob

trfourtune

Jedi Knight
i wish someone would drop one of those in my driveway!
rob

Alan_Myers

Luke Skywalker
Cool! Wish someone would drop stuff off at my house like that. I've even got room in my driveway now! (Just moved the TR4 frame to storage, that the neighbors had been enjoying for the past few months.)

If you do any parting out, let me know! I'd particularly like to get a set of H6 SUs, stubby TR3 shift lever and wouldn't mind another early A-type OD if it were affordable (yea, right)!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif