• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tshirtdude

Freshman Member
Country flag
My name is Duane and I go by Tshirtdude in most any form/group I participate in. I entered the British car market in 1984 with the purchase of my first Triumph; a beautiful yellow TR6 with Overdrive and low miles. I LOVED that car. Unfortunately I was also young and fell victim to independent rear suspension and a factory flaw in the wheels. This resulted in a catastrophic end over end accident that I am lucky to have survived (top down, landed upside down with a stump on my seat) I was ejected during the flip and survived as a result. This did not dull my love of the car, but did make me very careful during my second purchase of a Delft Blue TR6 also with Over-drive. I didnt appreciate the rareness of the J type at the time, but do now. Although my love for the 6 has never passed. It is unlikely that I will ever use the last remaining item in my garage. LISTEN CLOSELY...........................I have a N.O.S. late TR6 engine block..... NEVER BUILT in FACTORY shipping crate.............WAIT FOR IT............NO VIN STAMP................This is NOT a joke. I purchased the block from the roadster factory in about 1992 and have been moving it around for the last 18 years. It is possibly the last original NOS TR6 block in the world with NO VIN. It was NOT removed. It never had one. If you are the guy (or gal) who destroyed your engine in a high end restoration or you know someone very special that has TONS of money wrapped up on an original car with a blown motor. This prize is for sale at the right price. I can be contacted through this forum. Thank you everyone who keeps these beautiful machines alive. I do hope to purchase a driver, but dont see me building from the ground up as I once did.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome Dude! If you haven’t already I suggest you post an add in our Free Triumph Classifieds!