Thread: New Member in East Texas

Hey New Members! This New Member Introduction Forum is where you can post an introduction message to introduce yourself to the group here!

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New Member in East Texas

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and to British cars. I recently bought a 1974 Lotus, 1976 Lotus, and a 1974 Jensen Healey. I found them listed on Craigslist and purchased them from the recent owner son. They have not been started in years. I know very little about them and I cant wait to fire them up! I also have a 1972 Fiat Spider.

IMG959108.jpgIMG959123.jpg
    20190214_172233.jpg

Darth Vader
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Re: New Member in East Texas

Hello Chevy

Welcome to the forum.

A nice collection there.
    There is a Lotus section that I am sure will be able to help you with tips and advice. The Jensen Healey would probable be in other British cars. I nearly bought a Jensen Healey a long time ago. It had been damaged but I bowed out of it when I saw that the motor was probable trashed as well. Both cam pulleys had been broken in the wreck.

David
    TR3A TS75524L

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Re: New Member in East Texas

Welcome indeed and will be watching this with considerable interest! I suspect you have already had a first for the forum. I am fairly certain that no has ever written: "I recently bought a 1974 Lotus, 1976 Lotus, and a 1974 Jensen Healey" in one sentence (or one purchase before.)

It would be hard to know where to start as they all seem like amazing projects. Will you continue to race them?
    John-Peter Smit
    1976 MG Midget
    1969 Vauxhall Viva GT
    1958 Fiat Multipla (Barn art)