• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Took me 66 years to get my TR3

Leatherman

Country flag
Hello everyone . I am a new owner of a black 61 TR-3A driver. I call it a great 10 yard car as you can't see the wear and tear on the paint and chrome at that distance. This is my first sports car of any type and the TR-3 has been the car I have lusted for since I started becoming interested in cars around 8 years old. These cars were on the road back then along with healey's and MG's but the TR3 always was my favorite . As I approached my retirement age I made up my mind I would get one as a gift to me and have been looking at BAT auctions the last 10 years educating myself what prices these were bringing for different condition. I pulled the trigger last month for this Black with red interior (my favorite combination) as it was local saving me shipping cost and dispite the rusted floors and sills looks like a fairly rust free car body wise. It runs strong with good compression for 81,000 miles. Now the work begins. Luckily I have some great support guys in my area club who are willing to help with any problems and teach me the in's and out's on these cars. I have already spent several hundred dollars on a new steering wheel hub, windshield wings, rubber windshield trim, dash knobs, rear bumpers, and other little things to improve the look of the car. I plan to get a complete interior kit and carpet this fall. My problem is my drivers side floor is rusted through and has a pop riveted sheet repair. Looking at it it needs new inner and probably outer sills and once the carpet comes out some more panels will probably be needing repaired. I can do the work with support from my friends but now I have the car I don't want to get into a restoration that could keep me and my wife from enjoying it so I think I will drive it for the next year or so and think about it. image.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That's a lovely color combo! Welcome aboard! Be sure to also check out the Triumph forum here!