• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Surprised to See This in Today's Paper - British Car in Cuba

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Interesting. I have seen plenty of Austin County cars and fords of the same era but never a spridget.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It may not be a Spridget.If not,what?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I spent 26 months in Cuba once, that's just street art! The artist must have just finished it, the wheels are still on it! :highly_amused:

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
In 2016, one of our club members went to Cuba and met a couple of owners of big Healeys. One was a '57 100-6 in original condition and the other one was a '59 with a 6-cyl Chevy engine in it.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
In 2016, one of our club members went to Cuba and met a couple of owners of big Healeys. One was a '57 100-6 in original condition and the other one was a '59 with a 6-cyl Chevy engine in it.

They showed these cars on "Cuban Chrome" on Discovery channel a few years ago. Interesting show.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
There was a telecast on I think PBS? or maybe Velocity about a Cuban rally from Havana to the eastern end of the island and how the owners of those old American cars got them ready for the rally and did repairs out in the street and the troubles they had fabricating parts, etc. Maybe others here can fill in the details.