• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A WW1 sub

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Unusual colors and uniforms on this vessel, eh?

colors.jpg

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
D

Deleted member 8987

The bloke on main deck with the light colored jacket...isn't.
Royal Navy Submarine Sweater. Ivory color. Turtleneck. Usually quite dirty. Wool.

Have one.

I won't tell you how we ended up with some of them.

Top secret.

Classified.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The bloke on main deck with the light colored jacket...isn't.
Royal Navy Submarine Sweater. Ivory color. Turtleneck. Usually quite dirty. Wool.

Have one.

I won't tell you how we ended up with some of them.

Top secret.

Classified.

:lol: Plenty of that lyin' about, still.

Some stuff just has NO "Statute of Limitations"!!

A GAU-8A story comes to mind... but I told it anyway. :smirk:

D

Deleted member 8987

Actually....one memorable instance....female member of the Brit Armed Services came aboard while we were in Faslane. Wanted one of our work jackets. Person with the jacket wanted the sweater.
Off came the sweater. Swap made. Jacket went on.
To keep Bas' blood pressure down, we won't discuss any more about that particular instance.

Interesting to watch, 80 days into a 90 day patrol.

Mine was obtained in a different manner.

Been on Brit Boats. Did not seem to believe in heat. North Atlantic, limited heat....wool sweaters.
Dreadnaught. Early 70's. All yer getting.