• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Car Recognition ?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I know what this manufactured car is and just for fun, I''l give you one clue, it's a 1970! :highly_amused: Any takers? PJ

First pic!
View attachment 55340

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Well, it's kinda ugly.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Looks like the love child of an MG and a John Deere :rolleye:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I have to agree that it's kinda ugly!:highly_amused:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Gah, My Eyes!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Siata Spring.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I’ll guess it’s a Fiat but I think Mickey is right.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Another, Unusual cooling system for a car. But the Italians had a way of doing things a little different than most.
View attachment 55342

dklawson

Yoda
DOH... Mickey posted the answer before I even saw this thread. Usually I don't know the cars when someone starts a thread like this!

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Siata manufactured quite a lot of cars, believe it or not, some of them are quite appealing. Such as, the Siata 200CS

View attachment 55345

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I’ll guess it’s a Fiat but I think Mickey is right.

Well, you were partly right; it was based on the 850. I remember when it came out in the late '60s. At the time it was funky enough to snag a bit of a following. Not enough appeal, though, to make it successfully.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, you were partly right; it was based on the 850. I remember when it came out in the late '60s. At the time it was funky enough to snag a bit of a following. Not enough appeal, though, to make it successfully.
The 850 brings back memories. I remember going to the NY car show at the Coliseum and seeing the 850 for the first time.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
It certainly wouldn't attract any girls I'd want to have around!

They'd have better tastes and know their way around a toolbox. Here's Mitsy (jokingly dubbed "Wrench Wench")

wrenchwench2.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I took that C&D review to a guy who had one of those.
I walked up to him in his garage,& asked him "What kind of car is that?".
He started to tell me,& I handed him the article & said "Is it anything like this?".
Our local Plymouth/Fiat dealer had one of these in their shop,when
they were fairly new.I seem to remember that they were pulling the engine.