• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Your next car [hypothetically that is]

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
This starts from the other thread on next cars.

Here is the challenge.

Maximum $5000

Essentially a runner (only minimal work required if any)

Must be currently on a local version of Kijiji or Craigslist or equivalent.

Only one choice. I had to narrow down from 5.

What do you want to get?

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
My Choice

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-car...87/1341743158?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

jag.jpg

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
1948 Chrysler. Buy it, spend 2-5k???? to fix, load the family for a road trip to California, then who knows...
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/chrysler/windsor/2026914.html

Hennings is a fun place to peruse...

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Whoa - that Windsor has Fluid Drive. Quite some history there.

I wish the ad had more photos, and specified which version of Fluid Drive the car has.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Already done this: 2002 Toyota Camry, one owner (Chinese engineer), 100K miles and ALL maintenance records. Local online "bulletin board". Under $3500. White and cosmetically great inside and out.

No glamour to it, but a good reliable transporter.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'd take my mom's 88 Vette, she just paid $3000 out the door last week, it just needs new rear tires and it is good to go for a daily driver.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
JP - this is a web forum. No one follows the rules! The topics are as fluid as water!

I just replaced a wheel bearing! Waffles are on the breakfast menu!

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag