• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from California

JoeCA

Country flag
Greetings. I am a new member from Northern California. My interest in British sports cars began when I was a teenager. I lived in a small Midwest college town and one of the college students who lived on our street had an Austin Healey 3000 roadster. The owner, Bob, was a great guy who put up with a car crazy teenager watching him work on his car and ask him questions. When I turned 16, I purchased my first car, a 1956 British Racing Green MGA. I had a lot of fun with that car, from the inevitable "wrenching" to learning how to 4 wheel drift on gravel roads out in the country. I enjoyed working on the car as much as driving it.

Fast forward many years and I'm still a car guy. I've owned a few more sports cars and completed one frame off restoration. Several years ago, I saw a great looking car coming up behind me in my rear view mirror. It was a duo tone (Healey blue/white) Austin Healey 3000 roadster. It looked and sounded great. The driver had a huge grin on his face. I started researching Austin Healey 3000s and found this web site. I casually read about the cars for quite some time and then started looking in earnest this year. Since I enjoy working on cars and wanted to do another restoration, I was looking for a sound project car. This website (and others) were instrumental in helping me learn what to look for. After a few months, I found and purchased a great car - a 1960 BT7. The Healey had been sitting for the last 15 years. The plan is to first get the car running and driving and then start the restoration when I am more familiar with the car.

Here's a photo of the car during the tow home.

Joe IMG_3105_B.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Congratulations on a great purchase! Looks to be pretty solid for this view! You have found the right place for sure to help with your project! We have a very active and knowledgeable group of Healey owners here!

Welcome aboard!

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
join some local clubs also, they are very helpful with the work on the car. If nothing else, they give encouragement!

Jerry

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Joe, welcome to the BCF! You've come to the right place.

There is a very active chapter of the Austin-Healey Club of America in the SF Bay area, and they are hosting a major Austin-Healey meet in Monterey in September. I highly recommend joining the AHCA and your local chapter and attending that meet!

Good luck and I hope to meet you in Monterey in September. I'll be driving down from here in Portland (although not in the Bugeye Sprite pictured below).