• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Snow foolin'

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Monday's forecast for today: 2-3 inches snow
Tuesday's forecast for today: 3-5 inches snow
Yesterday's forecast for today: 6-8 inches snow.
This morning's forecast:

View attachment 47121

Funny how the forecasts never show "less" snow on the way! Snow started in eastern Connecticut about 6:30am, and three hours later, we've got six inches snow. Still nine hours to go.

View attachment 47122

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think you're getting what we didn't get...
Forecast last night was 4-8 inches. We got less than an inch. We are happy to send you our missed accumulation.
No need to thank me :devilgrin:

D

Deleted member 8987

I checked FlightTracker after your initial post, and was able to confirm algore's personal 747 was in the skies near you sowing "climate change".
Make sure you brush it off your painted automotive surfaces.

EricG

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
75 here yesterday in the Midlands of South Carolina-had to slip on a jacket today as it is a brisk 54!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:rolleyes:

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
This could get serious. We had a foot of snow yesterday on top of what was there, and now they're predicting another big storm starting Sunday night. By then, there won't be anywhere to put the stuff. The town doesn't plow or maintain the roads in our neighborhood we get to enjoy that ourselves. Fortunately the last storm was just snow & no ice or rain. (And it was 50 deg here on Tuesday - last two winters have been weird indeed.)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Memories of 2014:

Fortunately, we New Englanders are a hardy sort. The "less than hardy" have moved to Florida.

:jester:

There is a fine line between Hardy and Mental Illness - in the same way as there is a fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness. :grin:

besides maybe the "less hardy" are actually buried in that snow bank!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Thanks Boss - I thought three times before posting mine - and did so knowing we can be silly while taking very very seriously the reality of true mental illness.

Thanks. The stigma surrounding mental illness is the result of centuries of misinformation and misunderstanding. We didn't really start doing serious brain research until the 1980's (not that long ago for some of us). Prior to us understanding that these are real biological conditions, the "consensus" (not to be confused with actual science) was that mental illnesses were more attributable to some character flaw, or bad parenting. Pop culture hasn't helped much with movies and television so often using mental illness as a put down or something to be laughed at. As long as I'm blathering on about it, here's a short clip from when I was on a local PBS show to talking about NAMI - now you get to see the man behind the BCF curtain! LOL (I'm the one on the green coat)