• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from Ottawa Ontario, Canuck land

GMC Guy

Freshman Member
Greetings. I am a noob here. Not to mention new to owning Brit vehicle. As you can probably tell from my name I have usually had General Motors. My most recent acquisition is a 1968 MGB that is registered as a 1969. Relatively un-molested, and mostly original. I have always liked them and price was right. I am now on the road to learning about the "Prince Of Darkness" Dzus fasteners, Rag Tops and Wire Wheels. Looking forward to contributing and learning from this forum.

By the way my other summer car is a 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi. I am the lone Ottawa member on pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Wondering if I am the lone member from Ottawa here as well.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Don't think we have anyone from Ottawa here - I am in Toronto and we have another new member from Guelph - there is at lease one more from Toronto and another from Carlisle (Both Big Healey owners)

That said, welcome! you are from a pretty part of the country when not covered by tons of snow (or for that matter tons of politicians :smile: )

pictures are always wonderful!

OP
G

GMC Guy

Freshman Member
Thx JPSmit,
You are right about a beautiful area.
My car right now is in pieces. But I will post some pics of it soon. I enjoy T.O. myself to visit....
I see you have a Vauxahl, is that the kinda square body like a Cortina or Fiat/Lada?

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome GMC Guy! The MGB should make a nice change of pace from the cars that you're used to. I'm sure that you'll find the MG Forum here will be most helpful.

Post a few pics of your cars when you get a chance.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Thx JPSmit,
You are right about a beautiful area.
My car right now is in pieces. But I will post some pics of it soon. I enjoy T.O. myself to visit....
I see you have a Vauxahl, is that the kinda square body like a Cortina or Fiat/Lada?

No, you are thinking about the HA - 1963-66. I have a GT which is based on the HB body - 67-70

OP
G

GMC Guy

Freshman Member
Thanks. Growing up if you didn't have a Vette you got an MG. I always liked them. It is going to be a great learning experience for me. Ms. Honda (also known as my runnergrrl) likes it too.....well when I get it on the road she will like it more.

That is a cool Healey and a neat Vauxhall you guys have!