• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hino Contessa

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
We have a dealer in town who imports JDM cars (15 year rule in Canada as opposed to 25 years in the USofA)

went to ask a question - and in the showroom an immaculate Hino Contessa. Of course I forgot my phone in the car but, it was gorgeous, I think they are soo cool and have never ever seen one in the flesh before - and likely won't again.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Very neat little rear-engine car.

Some of them remind me of NSUs or even small Corvairs (with that "beltline".....BMW 2002s have it too).

While others have a Karman-Ghia look. Or maybe a bit like a Ginetta G15.

D

Deleted member 8987

Hino got its start actually as a spinoff from Isuzu, and mainly built trucks and buses until the early ’50s, when they began assembling Renault 4CVs under license. The little rear-engined cars coming out of the Hino plant became known for being markedly better-built than their French counterparts, and the buzz must have encouraged Hino to strike out on their own and introduce the similarly rear-engined Contessa range.
https://hooniverse.com/2010/11/05/leadfoot-contessa-hinos-michelotti-masterpiece/