• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Victoria, Texas

victoriacoffees

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello everyone! My wife Veronia and I are very excited to become British car enthusiasts. Until now, we've only owned old VWs. And to be frank, owning a British car was never on our horizon and happened quite accidentally.

I'm a coffee roaster by trade and have established some very good relationships with the coffee shop owners I supply. But one in particular has become family friends so whenever the opportunity presents itself where we can sit down and visit, we do. It was during one of these occasions the owner informed me he was going to have to sell one of his cars. I knew he had a couple of old British cars but never was curious enough to ask for more details. But on this occasion I did. I know how difficult a decision it is to sell your old car after having tinkered with it for years. He said he had 2 Austins - a Devon and a Sports, it was the Sports he was going to sell.

I knew nothing of Austin but asked him to send me some pictures. In the mean time, I began researching Austin and the BMC. Fascinating stuff! When I received the pictures, I decided to buy the car and took posession of it this past March. However, during my research, I also became interested in the Austin-Healey. The styling was amazing. We found one in very good condition and received it this past January.

The both cars need some carburator work and the Sports has a leaky water pump but both are running. The family can't wait to have them both driveable.

Attachments

• DCP_0672.jpg
    DCP_0672.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 20
  • RestStop1.jpg
    RestStop1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 16

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Welcome to the world of British cars and the forum, I understand where you are coming from, I have been a British car guy all my adult life, recently got an old BMW 2002, whole different ball game, felt like I was starting a whole new adventure, finding parts sources, figuring out how things work, discovering new forums and car friends. Good luck on your new adventure, Greg

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Very nice. Welcome. I'm partial to Healeys but I do love all LBC's. (Little British Cars)

OP
V

victoriacoffees

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to many years of learning to care for these cars and enjoying some long miles behind the wheel.

Country flag
Hi, and welcome to the forum!