• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What have you named your car?

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm on record saying that I think giving your Healey a name is a bit silly, but I have to admit I do refer to my 100 as "PAN" which is part of the registration number PAN934. But I don't consider using the reg number as giving the car a name.
My wife likes to call her Sprite "Jette" because it is black. (I don't know why the photo is upside down. Sorry!)

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 39

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Elrey, that's true. A friend of mine who lives here has developed a new variety that is simply the best. Well that probably enough on vegetables.
It hit 80 degrees today so the hard top when back into storage. Watch it rain next week. But then again, we'd all be happy for that. Looks like we're heading for another drought year. Most of the ski areas in Northern California haven't opened yet.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Too funny...My mom's named every car she's ever owned. My wife thinks its so silly, but the kids are amused by it. Our 1965 BJ8 is Fredrick, named by one of my daughter's friends years ago and the 1957 1006-MM vintage racer is "414". Both a solid members of the family.

Fredrick & 414 Irvington House.jpg

mgtf328

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Mine's called Avril. When we went to pick her up we stopped in a pub on the way home to celebrate. A woman was walking across the car park and said oh what a lovely car, it's a shame she's only average. It took us a while to figure out she was talking about the number plate which is 'AVG 134'. we decided to christen her Avril instead.
AJ

Country flag
They've got the best artichokes going in Rob's neck of the woods.
DON'T get me started...

Elrey, that's true. A friend of mine who lives here has developed a new variety that is simply the best. Well that probably enough on vegetables.
It hit 80 degrees today so the hard top when back into storage. Watch it rain next week. But then again, we'd all be happy for that. Looks like we're heading for another drought year. Most of the ski areas in Northern California haven't opened yet.
Used to be, you could go into any supermarket anywhere in the US and buy jars__even cases of jars__of Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts. I cannot find them anywhere! I've tried online searches but no luck. THE ONLY artichokes you can buy canned/jarred are "Products of Spain" and they just do not have the same mild (dare I say sweet) flavor. It's heart breaking.

When I lived in San Francisco, Castroville was billed as The Artichoke Capital of the World. When I'd do my weekly shopping at Safeway, I'd buy 5-6 jars of the Cara Mia's, and eat the hearts out of one of them as soon as the bags were packed in my MGB. I was once telling a friend that, and his reply was to ask me if I found that gratifying enough, as he was compelled to also drink the oil!! I always saved the oil, but used it to marinate steaks or on a simple salad.

Rob, tell me please: do you have an artichoke connection? I mean when push comes to shove, I'll even eat them fresh, breaded and baked, but waiting for them to be done is just maddening!

:cheers:

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I really don't have a formal name for my Healey, though on numerous occasions I've called it by names that I can't say here...

Country flag
Sadly, they're California Style, packed in Fresno FOR Cara Mia; product of Peru :(

91pHBzcbCOL._SL1500_.jpg

Who knows, maybe the ones I came to love back in the 70s weren't actually grown in California either? What the heck, I'm still going to give them a try, so thanks for the lead

[/vegetable diversion]

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well with all this Lompoc publicity I wonder why the Chumash Indians left the place eons ago?====:D

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I can't say, as I see Reid is watching. Just kidding. My title says it.

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Back when I bought my BJ8 in 1984, it was still possible to go to the DMV and get a list of all previous owners. I found out that I was the seventh (with four of the previous ones being mother/son and father/son). All of us have lived in eastern North Carolina so the car has always been registered here from new. While we were trying to think up a good vanity plate, my wife said "It's a real Tar Heel car, so what about 'TARHEELY'?" That was such a perfect name that it made me burst out laughing and wonder why I didn't think of it first. Of course! What else could it be? It was good enough to win the Moss Motors license plate contest in 1990.

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Reid, thanks for the heads up (or down).

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Artichokes Yuk!;

No wonder the Chumash Indians left Lompoc N now them Spainards gotta add Jalapeno too so they not sweet any more:congratulatory:

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
So should a triple-Weber car be called an arti-six-choke?